North London Ride out June 19th - Details

northlondoncookie

North London Ride out June 19th - Details

Post by northlondoncookie »

Right we have got some momentum now...I know some people work on a Sunday but I'm afraid June is cooked for me. Propose a morning ride starting somewhere near London Colney and then finishing at lunch. As it is Father's Day (and because it is Father's day you have a free pass) we will finish at a pub for a quick drink and those that wish to stay for lunch can and those that need to go can. Once I have numbers I'll put something together.

Whose coming :laugh:
NLC
The Muzza
Marco46
Wandering Star
HP2 Tony

Maybe :unsure:
Stormfield

No :(
Dancanovas
Suds

Lunch:
NLC
Wandering Star
HP2 Tony
Muzza

Re: Ride out June 19th - Please confirm

Post by Muzza »

I am available for selection.

The Muzza
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

Sounds fun. Will try to confirm soon as I can. Got a trip to Norway the week after though, so might be stuck home to clear out as much work as possible beforehand.
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Yep, should be there...:)
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

apologies guys but Im not going to be able to attend. just been told by the mrs that the mrs is coming down that weekend and the train is booked! i havent got the balls to tell her im off on the bike and then when i get home im off to work! very sorry, was looking forward to that!
northlondoncookie

Ok - Details for the ride out on Sunday, June 19th.

Meet at London Colney McDonald's Parking lot for 8:45AM. Please make sure you arrive with a full tank and empty bladder. :laugh: There is a Sainsbury's Petrol Station in the retail park if you follow the signs for the Hypermarket. You then come back into the roundabout and enter the McDonald's parking lot. For those that want to come earlier I'll be there around 8:15 having a Egg McMuffin and Coffee.

The route is approximately 100 miles and will be taking us into Herts, Enfield, Essex, Cambs and Beds. If someone asks you where you went you can say Five counties/boroughs! We start of in the direction of East towards Chelmsford down to get us to the start of the A1060 which was a Ride recommended road in the South East. We then make our way past Bishop's Storford and then West to towards Letchworth finishing at a lovely pub The Rusty Nail on the Codicote Road. The route is comprised of mainly country lanes, B roads and the A1060. All roads are paved.

I have reserved a table at the Pub for lunch since it will be busy as it is Father's Day. If you are staying for lunch/drinks can you please let me know so I can give numbers to the pub.

We will likely be using the Drop-off Marker System which allows everyone to ride at the own speed. If you haven't used it before here is a good overview

Schedule:

8:50 am briefing
9:00am Departure
10:30am (bladder break/Fuel)
10:45am Depart
12:30am Pub

GPX files below.

For some reason it won't let me post PDFs - working on that for a picture of the map.

I'm sure I have forgot something so please check back before the 19th.

Corey :laugh:
Attachments
ABR JUNE 19 RUN.GPX
(216.88 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

Post by Guest »

Sorry, just been told by the Mrs, I have to take No1 son to a cub outing. Happy fathers' day to me :(
northlondoncookie

Re: North London Ride out June 19th - Details

No worries Suds - see you next month maybe.
northlondoncookie

Weather looking good tomorrow :laugh:
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

I'll have to skip tomorrow's one unfortunately, got too much work to do over the weekend. Hopefully see some of you at the Horizons Unlimited thing next week! Ride safe. :)

+ some tw@t knocked me bike over today and drove off. :angry:

Return to “North London”