Go on introduce yourself...

northlondoncookie

Go on introduce yourself...

Post by northlondoncookie »

Hello and welcome to North London/Herts/Beds ABR. So you've joined and now introduce yourself! Me, screwed around on 50cc mini-bikes in Canada growing up as a kid but am relatively new to 'legal' biking. Passed my test in 2006 and worked my way up from a restricted license. My first bike was errr.. a 250cc Vespa used in London. Good times had but got bored after a while. Went and took the plunge and bought at BMW R1200GS (couldn't get the Adventure off the side stand so that was easy) in Aug 2010 and haven't look back. Have been to Wales, Ardennes, Brugges and looking forward to a Dolomites 10 day tour in July. Just recently completed the IAM course which I would recommend. Would like to get involved in some camping at some point but with a 2 year old and another one on the way that will be difficult. Main motivation for starting this group was to have a regular ride out so that I have got something in the diary I know rather than to call around and see who is doing what. Herts/Beds is a great county to get your pegs down but I'm open to seeing some of the other parts of the home counties and far off places. Would like to get involved in some Green Laning and perhaps buy a smaller trail bike at some point but afraid to ask the wife!
northlondoncookie

Re: Go on introduce yourself...

Post by northlondoncookie »

Welcome Oldrat - I'll try to keep up this time! :ohmy:
Oldrat

Re: Go on introduce yourself...

Post by Oldrat »

Hiya Corey
scooter lad eh!
I've never ridden a proper scooter myself, nearest thing was a Honda 90. I've ad the GS since December and it's already in need of it's first 6k service, it's jet such a hoot to ride.

I've been a biker for quite a few years, done quite a bit but very little off road, just enough to know how skilful you need to be to do it well!

Looking back,my most enjoyable machine, a Suzuki triple, two stroke. I've had several, but nothing beats the thrill of a 2 stroke on song. Tinted specs off now!

There's a Bikers Oracle rond trip to weymouth at the end of June if you are interested, and something is being planned for July, might coincide with your trip though!
Cheers
B

Return to “North London”