Thinking of a tour in March 2013

OrangeExplorer

Thinking of a tour in March 2013

Post by OrangeExplorer »

hello everyone. I just joined this site/forum. i'm a Tiger Explorer owner, and thinking as i have an adventure bike, then I should go adventure.
so, I have and urge to go somewhere in March 2013. this will be my first ever 'bike trip' ( only passed my test last year), and would like some company, be it male or female, for the road/trip. [having stated I only passed my UK test last year, I am not a novice biker. I have owned other bikes in other countries and ridden in a few countries around the world, Thailand being one.]
i'm thinking of Scotland or Wales, more as a shakedown/initial adventure, to get an idea of what i need and is required etc.
I am what most of you would label an 'older' person, being mid 50's, but not so old in the head.
anyone who loves to ride, lark about, enjoy the beauty of nature, please feel free to get in touch.
Alun

Re: Thinking of a tour in March 2013

Post by Alun »

Welcome to ABR.

Where abouts are you based and what route were you thinking of taking? I'm otherwise engaged in March but the more info you post up the more you could inspire others to tag along.

Check out the ABR Rally threads if you're looking for some company on the road.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I'm heading up to Scotland a little later in the year, I will post dates for you but it should be in may time I believe if that's any good.
What are your thoughts on the Explorer

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Roadcaptain

Post by Roadcaptain »

I am going to scotland the last week of march
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

I'm in Scotland, if you head up this way I might manage to join you if dates suit ping me a pm sometime.
Me karma ranover me dogma
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Welcome to the forum,hope it goes well for you and the rain holds off.Would love to join you but ive got an expensive year ahead and i dare not squeeze any more bike trips in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Cuz Husky

Post by Cuz Husky »

Mate Ive got a trip going in March to either Scotland or Wales depending on where the better weather is at the time. V welcome on that.

Im mainly on the GSER site as cuzgs if youre interested let me know :)
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I live in Scotland and will be going up north on the usual week long tour, the third week in May.
Will post proposed tour plan nearer the time.

Scotland in March can be a bit on the wild side.
OrangeExplorer

Post by OrangeExplorer »

Thanks for the welcome Alun, nice to be here.
start point Isle of Wight/Southampton/Portsmouth, depending on ferries obviously.
from there, A34 - M40 - M5 - M6 - and the rest i've yet to decide on either Wales or Scotland. that will depend on the weather.
OrangeExplorer

Post by OrangeExplorer »

Spud, Hi.
I like the Explorer, even if it is a bit top heavy at times. i need to get the software update done for the throttle, to make that easier to handle and smoother. And I have to do something about my seat. I always get a dead right leg and butt after long miles.
Previous bike was a Sprint ST, so the view is much better, and less pains on the wrists. Other than these minor points, I like the handling, and that wonderful sound the engine makes as you power away thru the gears. its a very reassuring sound.

Return to “South East”