Greenlanes in Glos

lonepilgrim

Re: Greenlanes in Glos

Post by lonepilgrim »

I'm up for the 29th ... meet wherever and ride to somewhere and back :)

Register here:

DaveC
Lonepilgrim
Phil (Maybe)
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
davec

Post by davec »

Sounds like a plan to me B)
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
davec

Post by davec »

Pilgrim says he can't make 29th now, so we're going for the 30th. If anyone still wants to do 29th, I'm up for doing both :whistle:

Have you seen Alun's green-lane-ride-out-from-stratford-sunday-27th-may ?
I'm thinking I might take a Sunday morning bimble out to Stratford, it's quite a nice run from Gloucester.

Best swap I ever made.
Phil

Post by Phil »

davec wrote:Pilgrim says he can't make 29th now, so we're going for the 30th. If anyone still wants to do 29th, I'm up for doing both :whistle:

Have you seen Alun's green-lane-ride-out-from-stratford-sunday-27th-may ?
I'm thinking I might take a Sunday morning bimble out to Stratford, it's quite a nice run from Gloucester.
would like to do the stratford rideout but im away in N.Wales that week end. Also, its looking likely that i cant make the gloucester run :( :( (this time)
davec

Post by davec »

Sorry to hear that Phil, hopefully next time? - and don't forget the ABR Midlands rally in August, you could probably get a bus from Worcester? :silly:

Best swap I ever made.
b1kerb0y

Post by b1kerb0y »

Well triumph are being a**h***s so bike is off the road. Really feel like just changing it and not bother with triumph ever again... What's the point in having warranty if they never replace anything under warranty!?!?!?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren´t more people happy?????

KTM 990 Adventure :D
Phil

Post by Phil »

davec wrote:Sorry to hear that Phil, hopefully next time? - and don't forget the ABR Midlands rally in August, you could probably get a bus from Worcester? :silly:
yeah, bit annoyed actually as i was looking forward to some trails....but def up for next time. As the Midlands rally...i cant wait :woohoo:
davec

Post by davec »

b1kerb0y wrote:Well triumph are being a**h***s so bike is off the road. Really feel like just changing it and not bother with triumph ever again... What's the point in having warranty if they never replace anything under warranty!?!?!?
That's a bugger, what exactly is wrong? You should post some photos on here? You could always pick up a second smaller bike, I'm really starting to enjoy riding my old '92 XR250.

Best swap I ever made.
b1kerb0y

Post by b1kerb0y »

davec wrote:
b1kerb0y wrote:Well triumph are being a**h***s so bike is off the road. Really feel like just changing it and not bother with triumph ever again... What's the point in having warranty if they never replace anything under warranty!?!?!?
That's a bugger, what exactly is wrong? You should post some photos on here? You could always pick up a second smaller bike, I'm really starting to enjoy riding my old '92 XR250.
Well basically I have been having a 'bouncing' sensation with the front of my XC. After the dealer taking a long look at it they found out that the front wheel has got a flat spot. A warranty claim went in to triumph and they came back straight away saying that it was the customer (my) fault because I've hit a pot hole or something and damaged it myself.... Doesn't matter the problem as progressively got worse. The wheel is fine other than the flat spot, not paint flaking off as you would expect from damage from a pot hole or kerb or what ever.. I believe that the flat spot was caused by a spoke that was to tight which would pull the wheel slowly out of place. I sent a letter to triumph asking them to investigate this further and they point blank refused saying its my fault not there's and that I can buy a new wheel for £600 from them and have me dealer fit it!

Now I can understand where they are coming from... What's pi**ed me off is the way the letter is worded. Also I have told them that I know of lots of tiger 800 with this problem, triumph state that they have never heard of this issue and the tiger 800 is perfect... Yeah ok. Just look at the warranty issue thread on this forum... Triumph just look for the smallest of things to refuse a claim. One good one was saying that the XC isn't designed for off road use, even though when it was released it was unveiled in spain to the media and dealers with a large portion of OFF ROADING...

Oh I'm currently having my wheel repaired using my own money, fingers crossed I will ave the wheel back in time for my holiday to France!

Rant over... Sorry to keep going on
If ignorance is bliss, why aren´t more people happy?????

KTM 990 Adventure :D
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

The sole reason I joined the Tiger800 forum was so I could monitor the initial problems, recalls and warranty issues faced by owners prior to me 95% deciding to purchase an 800XC ... I shall seriously be considering going elsewhere now and getting something non Triumph and supporting the Japanese manufacturers instead
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica

Return to “South West”