East Mids ABR's its time to... Check in!

scouse

Re: Check in!

Post by scouse »

Farky wrote:Attleborough, Norfolk.(Snetty)

Closest Main Road - A11
Closest Main City - Norwich
Closest Mountain - Alps
Farky,
Think you need the East Anglia Group :)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
dusz

Post by dusz »

Maybe you need to put up a map of the UK and indicate on it what is considered the East Midlands, so people can understand the area.
Me, I am originally from the East Midlands, Nottingham to be precise, but like many have moved around a little, Manchester, Portsmouth (11 years) then back to Nottingham (10 years), for the last 15 years I have lived in mid Suffolk - very definitely East Anglia.
Farky

Post by Farky »

Lol

As the movie says...East is East!
davsato

Post by davsato »

Fareham

if you have a fetish for mobile phone shops, fareham is the town for you
Dave
scouse

Post by scouse »

dusz wrote:Maybe you need to put up a map of the UK and indicate on it what is considered the East Midlands, so people can understand the area.
Me, I am originally from the East Midlands, Nottingham to be precise, but like many have moved around a little, Manchester, Portsmouth (11 years) then back to Nottingham (10 years), for the last 15 years I have lived in mid Suffolk - very definitely East Anglia.
There is a map up as the avatar for most of the Regional Group pages - these forums are designed to be merely an extension of them. :D

S'not my fault if arbitrary unitary government areas overlap with where peeps know they live ;) If you believe the way the Civil Service splits the country verything East of Manchester as far North as the Humber and as far south as Watford is the East Midlands!

Of course we all know different... its the counties that have Kylie Pentelow on the telly... bless her little smiley face :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I reckon that the person who started the group should be a guide to weather you fit that group. For instance Alun started the South Midlands group, I joined as he is based in Stratford and I'm in Warwick and its only 10 miles away. But if I was say in Hinckley, then Id join both south and east as I would be happy to travel to each destination on a regular basis. (East being Derby using Scouse as the guide) B)
scouse

Post by scouse »

I are changed the Title to better reflect the wotsit doodah...meaning ...that's the word...meaning!

kasper

Re: East Mids ABR's its time to... Check in!

Post by kasper »

Hi I'm in Tamworth...... well just outside. Shout OUT if and when a meet is arranged be good to catch up with you guys.

JK
kasper

Post by kasper »

Hey Alun, your new offices?? are they the old Mayridge offices???
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

kasper wrote:Hey Alun, your new offices?? are they the old Mayridge offices???
I can answer that, and it's yes. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “East Midlands”