Ride to the Hills - 5-10-13

africajim

Re: Ride to the Hills - 5-10-13

Post by africajim »

I ran a VFR800i for a year, the end being a 28 day ban and a £350 fine! Three cars to stop me on the A9,,,, brings out the bad in me so had to go!
Nice riding bike, not in the same league as the Blade or VTR's, not cutting edge enough.
Like you say Steve, you either get used to the seating position or you don't. I didn't mind it but I rode it like a hooligan every time I took it out, hence my period of walking!
Sits lovely around 80mph, wind lift takes the weight off your wrists, but I can't afford to sit around 80mph all the time so no use to me! ;)
Enjoy it for what it is mate! ;)
Honda, the power of dreams.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I understand what you mean about a certain speed leading to a "bubble" of stillness and reduction of weight on the wrists Jim. I took the road from Kinlochewe to Achnasheen and at certain points a certain speed was achieved :woohoo: and maintained :blink: . The machine was in it's element ;) . Made the ride home a little shorter ;)

Methinks I need to gather some more miles before I decide what fate holds for the Viffer.

Lets hope the weather keeps a "window" open, to allow me to gather those miles :)

Pauls S - "ride with your bum off the seat"?????
What do you think I am, a jockey or summit? And if my old bones would allow me to "drop me elbows to the tank" or "tuck in behind the screen", let alone "get my knee down", I'm sure I would be fine ;)

Lets the miles munching commence :evil:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
africajim

Post by africajim »

I managed 130 miles today on the Africa twin, scrubbed in the new TKC 80 on the back. Hopefully this weather will continue, 19 deg in Inverness today! And sunny!!!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “Scotland”