raasay

mabawza

raasay

Post by mabawza »

anyone done a tour about raasay? just been looking about google maps and it looks like there could be a bit of good off road riding to be had there. the road runs out on google maps south of arnish but if you zoom in there is faint track up to eilean fladday where there is a causeway crossing to the island. my old neighbour who was born on fladday told me it would be possible to get there by bike. there is also an old track heading up the north end of raasay not sure if it's rideable but worth a look. i'm planning this one later in the year when the weather picks up. anyone up for it? also i live in gairloch so if you want a tour about there after i'v got tent space, tools, and shower for a few bods.
Mickdb1

Re: raasay

Post by Mickdb1 »

Look up Callums Road
thats all Ive heard of on rassey
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Steve T

Re: raasay

Post by Steve T »

Here's a link to a write up I did after a trip last year to the island with a few like minded souls . . .

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-repor ... -road.html

Not too sure wether you'll get any access to the further northern areas of the island once you get to the end of Callums road - remember there's no off roading up in the far north of the islands we call Great Britain. My recollection of the end of the road is that all the tracks leading off end a someones house. . . . . but got and enjoy it, as it's an amazing piece of civil engineering doen by one man with a pick, spade and wheel barrow :woohoo:

Steve T
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “Scotland”