wild camping?

sooty

Re: wild camping?

Post by sooty »

Diesel Pete wrote:If you do head for Scotland, Avon body lotion is what you need to keep the midges at bay.

Seriously, it works
Avon Skin so Soft worked for me during my days on Mountain rescue up there, and the farmers around Ballachullish and Loch Ewe have the best skin in Scotland :lol:
davsato

Post by davsato »

i dont want to know how you know that
Dave
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

moto al wrote:
hodgerydoo wrote:i think the general rule of wild camping is arrive late, leave early, and no-one will know you were there, if the local rozzers see you at 5pm they will probably feel duty bound to move you on, after 9 and dark they will probably turn a blind eye. can you pitch in the dark though??? :ohmy:
hi bud thank god i live in scotland we have the freedom of access law & you can camp anywhwere.cheers al
And you owe it all to Mel Gibson.

"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Jelly wrote:
moto al wrote:
hodgerydoo wrote:i think the general rule of wild camping is arrive late, leave early, and no-one will know you were there, if the local rozzers see you at 5pm they will probably feel duty bound to move you on, after 9 and dark they will probably turn a blind eye. can you pitch in the dark though??? :ohmy:
hi bud thank god i live in scotland we have the freedom of access law & you can camp anywhwere.cheers al
And you owe it all to Mel Gibson.

That's when men were men and the sheep were worried :whistle: :pinch: cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
moto al

Post by moto al »

thats no nice.but if your into that rembember you wellies!!!!!!!!!!
moto al
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

This is the deluxe hat, works a treat. You can even suck beer in through the wee holes !
PICT0261.JPG
PICT0261.JPG (73.35 KiB) Viewed 7313 times
Cheaper versions are also available down to about 5 quid.

Piccy taken wild camping down Glen Etive, chopping wood for the fire with an axe head I found. It might be from the old (colonial) Wars ? Anyway I've stored it under a bridge for next year ;)

Enjoy your trip, hope you're lucky and the weather holds. cheers Mul.

p.s. Skin So Soft works for me too. I always double it up with jungle formula too.

p.p.s. Tent inners are good at keeping the blighters in as well as out - how do I know ... doh ?
davsato

Post by davsato »

chemist told my mrs to start taking a daily garlic capsule a week before and during camping.

any good? or are you just going to attract gourmet mozzies?

re; tent inners keeping the bugs in, true. i always give my tent a shot of RAID before bedtime
Dave
jed54

Post by jed54 »

Hi Dave have you had a look at the Scotish Smidge Forcast websight some good stuff on there.
sooty

Post by sooty »

jed54 wrote:Hi Dave have you had a look at the Scotish Smidge Forcast websight some good stuff on there.
There's an App for that B)
mikey_01

Post by mikey_01 »

wild camping is great i try to do everytime i go down the west coast!

heres a pic or two off our camp we woke up cold as it had rained most off the night but you can beat waking up in a place like the west coast! plus it was free!

Return to “Scotland”