Visas and time!

Bigash

Visas and time!

Post by Bigash »

Hello all,

A bit of back ground first, im curently serving in HM Forces and im looking at taking a year out or take redundancy to travel.

The route I have in mind is a beast!!!!!!

Im slightly worried about four countries, they are Iran, Northern Pakistan, Burma and China.

If any one who has traveled these places feel free to drop me a line and put wy mind at ease,The ride is at least a year away as Im still working in Afghan at the min.

Cheers!!
Mr Free Market

Re: Visas and time!

Post by Mr Free Market »

Possibly the most up to date in on travel etc can be found on the Horizons Unlimited website

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

In their forum 'HUBB'

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/

they have sections on travel safety etc as well as another one on visas etc

With regard to the 4 countries that you list, I go to China quite a bit, so am reasonably up to speed on the place. PM me with any questions that you might have & I'll see if I can help

:)
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

A year ago i tried in vain to get a visa for Iran, tried several times with the London Embassy, then i called into the one in Cyprus on the way and eventually in Turkey . Visa`s are a pain in the arse, you have to pander to faceless civil servants but always something good will happen if you persist , an Iranian got me into syria via a friend at the border ;) , he kept seeing me waiting on the pavement outside the embassy ! next time maybe can not get into syria so will get through Iran, it is very difficult to say so far in advance.Even with visa in hand from home embassy passage is not guaranteed so be flexible, smile and let fate guide you.
Bigash

Post by Bigash »

Thanks for the reply!

Im conserned about the fact that I'll still be serving military on a carrear break, I thought it minght cause problems.

What do you recon?
Bigash

Post by Bigash »

Hello mate.

How was the riding in that part of the world and was it worth the wait?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

WELCOME-TO-ABR_2011-03-30_2011-06-12-2_2011-07-03-2.gif
WELCOME-TO-ABR_2011-03-30_2011-06-12-2_2011-07-03-2.gif (587.92 KiB) Viewed 9957 times

Return to “Yorkshire”