ABR Welsh Rally Ride Down

James691

ABR Welsh Rally Ride Down

Post by James691 »

I will be meeting Minky and Tenere Mart just off J10 M56 Stretton on Friday - The time will be confirmed nearer to the date. Anyone wanting to ride down from there is more than welcome to come along :)
Dancing in the moonlight
beddowsm

Re: ABR Welsh Rally Ride Down

Post by beddowsm »

I'll keep an eye on this thread for time. All depends on the time you leave. Im going to try and leave work at 15:30ish....maybe a bit earlier if I can.

I live at J11 M56. What route you taking down? Im assuming through mid Wales, thats what I had in mind, and according to route planner should take just under 3 hours?
Alun

Post by Alun »

Bryn and myself are heading down on the Friday if the timing is right we'll meet up with you near Worcester.
James691

Post by James691 »

You live at Jnc 11? Wow that is hardcore adventure riding, I'm amazed I've not see you there before!! ;)

I would imagine mid Wales as it is a much nicer run - depends on the weather and how people feel mate - but we can sort all that out at the junction.
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Alun wrote:Bryn and myself are heading down on the Friday if the timing is right we'll meet up with you near Worcester.
Sounds good - just waiting on Minky and Tenere Mart for a time and can work it out from there mate ;)

SO looking forward to this :)

You got a funky route planned for us all on Saturday?? :woohoo:
Dancing in the moonlight
Alun

Post by Alun »

James691 wrote:
Funky does not come close in describing the scale, intensity and desirability of the route but the spelling is only one letter out :)
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

James691 wrote:You live at Jnc 11? Wow that is hardcore adventure riding, I'm amazed I've not see you there before!! ;)
Ok...5 mins from J11!
James691 wrote:I would imagine mid Wales as it is a much nicer run - depends on the weather and how people feel mate - but we can sort all that out at the junction.
No probs, dont hold back on waiting for me if you all want to go down earlier. My hands are tied due to work on Friday so I wont be leaving until 15:30.

The route through Mid Wales is good.....boring motorway and dual carriageway to just South of Wrexham then the nicer roads start. And the twisties start after Newtown.

So my route would be Wrexham, Oswestry, Welshpool, Newtown, Builth Wells....and thats as far as Ive been...but it cant be far after that?
James691

Post by James691 »

Alun wrote:
James691 wrote:
Funky does not come close in describing the scale, intensity and desirability of the route but the spelling is only one letter out :)
From my time living in Haverfordwest - the one word that sticks in my head from the Welsh language is ARAF - it's going to be ..... interesting :)
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

beddowsm wrote:
James691 wrote:You live at Jnc 11? Wow that is hardcore adventure riding, I'm amazed I've not see you there before!! ;)
Ok...5 mins from J11!
James691 wrote:I would imagine mid Wales as it is a much nicer run - depends on the weather and how people feel mate - but we can sort all that out at the junction.
No probs, dont hold back on waiting for me if you all want to go down earlier. My hands are tied due to work on Friday so I wont be leaving until 15:30.

The route through Mid Wales is good.....boring motorway and dual carriageway to just South of Wrexham then the nicer roads start. And the twisties start after Newtown.

So my route would be Wrexham, Oswestry, Welshpool, Newtown, Builth Wells....and thats as far as Ive been...but it cant be far after that?
I'd imagine not mate :) as soon as we get a time we can all work out the meeting and then the ride down :) :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Mark

Post by Mark »

If your going the scenic route I'd like to join you. Will check times when you post.

Return to “North West”