ABR Welsh Rally Ride Down

beddowsm

Re: ABR Welsh Rally Ride Down

Post by beddowsm »

Mark wrote:If your going the scenic route I'd like to join you. Will check times when you post.
Ive heard the main group will be leaving at 9ish.......Im leaving at 1530 and heading the scenic way. Should take 3 hours from Runcorn....obviously depends on traffic on Friday afternoon.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Beddowsm. I was aiming for the afternoon so would be good to meet..........

However I now have a major problem. Just had new forks fitted today and my brake hose is now to short. So I need to find somewhere who can make a longer one for me tomorrow and then I can fit it friday morning. I will post tomorrow night if I get it sorted. Sounds like a tall order to me so if I don't make it have a good ride.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i got a text off tenere martin to day ..he wants to meet on the first lay by a49 south of junc 10 m56 at 9 am

im meeting him there ..our loose plan is to go into wales via cheshire and lake vweney ..pass of the cross and take some pretty b roads to breacon
please feel free to join up but the pace will be steady on knobblys ..in anycase you can just do one when youve had enogh anyway :lol:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
James691

Post by James691 »

Hello again All,

Mr Minky and Tenere Mart shall be meeting up 9am at Jnc10 M56 – On the A49 Whitchurch turn off there is a layby on your left.

That’s a tad early for me as I shall be coming off a 12 hour night shift in Lancaster at 7am on Friday then having to drive to Liverpool to pick up the bike and Liane before making my way down to the rally.

I shall be taking this ROUTE and in no rush while I have a look at the wonderful Welsh scenery. It takes about 5 hours for the full run but as I said I will be no great rush.

I will be leaving Liverpool at about 10am for any that wish to tag along with either then please feel free to join on or make your own way and I look forward to seeing you at the rally. :)

The Ancient Briton, Brecon Rd, Pen-y-Cae, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA9 1YY
, 01639 730273
Dancing in the moonlight
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

The road south from Newtown to Crossgates is excellent, starts with lotys of hairpins then opens out into wide sweepers enjoy cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

James691 wrote:It takes about 5 hours for the full run but as I said I will be no great rush.
5 hours...hope not, I was allowing 3 for the same route. AA route thing said 2hrs 50 mins?

Ive made Llandridnod Wells in 2 hours which is about 100 miles from Runcorn?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mark wrote:Hi Beddowsm. I was aiming for the afternoon so would be good to meet..........

However I now have a major problem. Just had new forks fitted today and my brake hose is now to short. So I need to find somewhere who can make a longer one for me tomorrow and then I can fit it friday morning. I will post tomorrow night if I get it sorted. Sounds like a tall order to me so if I don't make it have a good ride.
Good luck, I'll be at my PC until 15:00 Friday so feel free to update me any time before then. I check a few times during the day....or PM me.

Return to “North West”