ABR Scottish Rally Ride up Thursday 22nd.

James691

ABR Scottish Rally Ride up Thursday 22nd.

Post by James691 »

As many may know already some fellow ABR memebers and Editor shall be riding up on Thursday - leaving the Midlands at about 9am.

I'm going to try and meet up on route as they pass the North - this also means that I get a bit of sleep in.

I was thinking Lancaster services as I enjoy a nice Costa - then continue on up the road.

Given the Midlands Riders will have about 180 miles to cover from 9am before hitting Lancaster - taking an ave of 3 hours.

I'll be at Lancaster Services supping a Costa Latte with Hazelnut shot for 11.30am Thursday 22nd September.

Any that want to ride up with - great - see you there!
Dancing in the moonlight
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Re: ABR Scottish Rally Ride up Thursday 22nd.

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Here's a tip for you all......

At Gretna (you could come off at Carlisle if you want but the road is brand new and not on any maps yet), J45 of the M6, leave the motorway and take the B7076, it meanders through Ecclefechan, Kirtlbridge and a few other small villages as it criss-crosses the motorway. Taking this road will cost you about 15 minutes on the whole trip, but much much nicer than the motorway

At Moffat, take a break. You will need to ride into Moffat, which is a couple of miles, but there is a cafe called 'The Rumblin Tum' it does some great food and much better than anything you'll get on the motorway.

From Moffat, head out on the A701 over Greenhillstairs, it's a great little bit of road, only for about 3 or 4 miles then the B719 to get you back on to the B7076. You can rid ethis road right into Glasgow, but I'd bail back onto the motorway at Happendon and settle into the motorway again.

Pressumably you are heading up past Loch Lomond and the obligitory stop at the Green Welly? You'll be glad to know that the M74 extension is open, so you can ride to the other side of Glasgow without the need to ride the M73 and the M8, to get to Erskin Bridge.

Be aware there is work going on on the bridge.

Safe riding.
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
Alun

Post by Alun »

James691 wrote:
I'll be at Lancaster Services supping a Costa Latte with Hazelnut shot for 11.30am Thursday 22nd September.
James, this is ABR, I hope to see you out in the car park filtering mud through your t-shirt. You'll soon be huming Coldplay tunes and taking out a digital sub to the Guardian on your Ipad2 if you don't put the brakes on that kind of behaviour. :)
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Nice one James! Mines a double shot Americano, no milk! As I'll have riden from Brizle before meeting up with the midland crew, will need cafeine.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
James691

Post by James691 »

Alun wrote:
James691 wrote:
James, this is ABR, I hope to see you out in the car park filtering mud through your t-shirt. You'll soon be huming Coldplay tunes and taking out a digital sub to the Guardian on your Ipad2 if you don't put the brakes on that kind of behaviour. :)
Hmmm it appears SWMBO is having more of an effect than first feared! :S I thought I was manning up by negating to mention the Bescoti almond crunch to accompany my latte.:blush:

I rush downstairs and unpack the Tropical Burst body wash and exfoliating Chineese flakes facial scrub this instant.:huh:

See ya'll at the services :) RALLY FUN FUN FUN!!
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

peejay wrote:Nice one James! Mines a double shot Americano, no milk! As I'll have riden from Brizle before meeting up with the midland crew, will need cafeine.

Right - so that's two packs of ProPlus crushed into 40wt oil - check :)
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “North West”