[The extension gdb has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Opsman

Re: August Bulgarian Rally.

Post by Opsman »

Whippet, I look forward to seeing you. I will be riding a red and black NC700x PJ12GOC with a screen extension, and should arrive on Friday evening. I have a Tomtom rider with western european maps, but have bought a car Garmin for eastern Europe. I have used the route suggested in the early posts, and marked any places of interest along the way which I would like to visit if time allows.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Opsman, I'll see you there and we can discuss further, Crofty has asked we keep him posted.
Look forward to meeting you (thumbs)
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

I'm looking for a trip destination in August and came across this lead. Can I ask what where why etc? Is there any details of this rally?
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

gsdman wrote:Way back,
ilidevo to Rozaje
Rozaje to Makarska
Makarska to Kralijevica
Kralijevica to Ramsau anm Dachstein
Ramsau to Bomio
Bomio to Seebach
Seebach to Verdun for some WW2 stuff
Verdun to Hook of Holland

If you ever do it again, we're in Ramsau Am Dachstein. Pop in for a cold one at least :)
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Boo Cock wrote:I'm looking for a trip destination in August and came across this lead. Can I ask what where why etc? Is there any details of this rally?
Hi Boo Cock,
The rally is just a bit of fun in Bulgaria August 25th. We are stopping at the Motto camp in Idilevo.
We have some good friends out there and we are planning some good road rides and some off road stuff for heavy and light bikes. If the ride to and from the site is enough then just chill out at the camp, go for some fine walks, pop into town , do whatever you want. The place is perfectly safe and secure, lots of friendly people at the camp and in the village and we have booked some hot warm sunshine for those few weeks .
I do believe all the accommodation has been booked now, but there is room for camping with plenty of showers and toilets.
If you have never been to this sort of place, please do come along, it will leave you with some good memories and change your mind on the "scary east"
I will be at the boil rally for any questions and i am prepared to help guide assist a group from the UK to the camp .
Troll through these threads and pick up some more questions but also there is an ABR forum Bulgaria Rally on face book https://www.facebook.com/events/593757743992211.
I may not reply quickly as i am working long hours, but my trusted travel buddy Strimstrum ( who lives in Idelivo ) does keep an eye out and can give some good info.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -2014.html
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Opsman wrote:Maps and Sat Nav bought. Basic route planned. Anyone available at the Boil rally in May to offer a few pieces of advice to someone who has not visited eastern Europe before.
Thanks.
I will be at the boil rally , i shall be on a yellow GS VN 57 CEX and i am the one that looks like Harold Shipman !!

I shall see if i can get a bulgarian flag to fly
Opsman

Post by Opsman »

Thanks Bushman.

I will certainly look you up, though I have forgotten what Harold Shipman looks like ( was he a little guy with glasses?), and assume you do not possess any of his tendancies. I also do not know the Bulgaria flag, but if you are flying a flag and riding a yellow GS, then I will seek you out.
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Ali in Austria wrote:
gsdman wrote:Way back,
ilidevo to Rozaje
Rozaje to Makarska
Makarska to Kralijevica
Kralijevica to Ramsau anm Dachstein
Ramsau to Bomio
Bomio to Seebach
Seebach to Verdun for some WW2 stuff
Verdun to Hook of Holland

If you ever do it again, we're in Ramsau Am Dachstein. Pop in for a cold one at least :)
We have no accommodation set up for this overnight stop, are there plenty of b&b's in the area?
There was a lad who posted on this forum I think, that won best b&b in Austria 2013.
Pm me your Addy and we will drop in for a cool one, you must feel really lucky living in such a beautiful place.

Regards Tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

All this sounds very tempting to me. Can't access the details on facebook somehow. I am looking at a 5 or 6 day ride to get there from the darkest depths of Cornwall. I will be riding a Tigger 955i. I fancy a blat for two days or so to Prague maybe, then a more leasurley ride the rest of the way. The idea of returning via greese and Italy sounds good. Done plenty of Euro touring before , including Slovinia , Poland Czeck Republic and Slovakia. Brilliant places. Yet to try more southerly destinations. Do we need any other cover, ie, insurance etc, or is the Euro blanket covering there now?
Would love some feedback please.

Many Thanks,

Boo.

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”