Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

gspod

Re: Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Post by gspod »

Thanks Bushman
We are trying to arrange dates and crystalise our plans - hope to be there (thumbs)
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Homer and me are riding back via Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Croatia :)
For anyone else planning similar here's a useful link about insurance
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 269&page=3
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Whippet, Opsman and crofty all setting off on the 16th via Hull, Its a small world, we'll probably bump into you all at some point. (thumbs)
gspod

Post by gspod »

Hi
Bushman:
Looks like our plans are coming to fruition, we would like to meet you at Pension Ara in Alba Lulia on 23rd if that's ok - do we need to book?
Bonniebird:
Thanks for the link - did you have any luck with extending your insurance or will you buy on the border?
What is your estimated time of travel back through the Balkans as far as say Austria/Italy?
Many thanks
D
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

gspod wrote:Hi
Bushman:
Looks like our plans are coming to fruition, we would like to meet you at Pension Ara in Alba Lulia on 23rd if that's ok - do we need to book?
D
Hi , i tried to book higher up on the Transalpina , but because it will be a weekend they are all booked up or just had one room left ,so that was the closest place available with rooms required . http://www.booking.com/hotel/ro/pensiun ... 1#tab-main . If that one is now full there are others close by so just do a search of the area and find what you can .

So my advice is yes get booked asap.

i would also suggest to get booked the next nights hotel http://www.lapensiuni.ro/en/rural-accom ... index.html

I shall send you a PM with my contact number
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

gspod wrote:Hi
Bushman:
Bonniebird:
Thanks for the link - did you have any luck with extending your insurance or will you buy on the border?
What is your estimated time of travel back through the Balkans as far as say Austria/Italy?
Many thanks
D
Hi gspod,
I will probably be buying at the borders, seems cheaper that way......but my insurance does run out before I get to those countries so if Carole Nash will do me a decent price green card when I renew I'll go that way.
We are planning about 11 days to Austrian border, hoping to do a far bit on easy trails as well........Wikiloc is my new friend B) (thumbs)
gspod

Post by gspod »

Hi
Bushman: Booked the last double at Ara - so no turning back now.

Bonniebird: Thanks for the info and swift reply - we have around a week to get back up to Austria/Italy and it may be nice to go via the coast, so we shall consider our options.

Many thanks once again.

D
markoh

Post by markoh »

I'm afraid I'm not going make this. I'm not going to get home in time to ride to Bulgaria. Hope you all have a great time.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Thinking of going to this rally, is there still space at the event? would it be OK to join you Bushman for your trip down? Is there anything I may need to do ASAP specific to the region? Been as far as Romania previously a few years ago so not totaly inexperienced. Need to check work for time off stuff first then possibly leave S.Wales Monday afternoon arrive Calais night meet you you Tuesday night Sangerhausen hotel.
Paul.
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

bikenav wrote:Thinking of going to this rally, is there still space at the event? would it be OK to join you Bushman for your trip down? Is there anything I may need to do ASAP specific to the region? Been as far as Romania previously a few years ago so not totaly inexperienced. Need to check work for time off stuff first then possibly leave S.Wales Monday afternoon arrive Calais night meet you you Tuesday night Sangerhausen hotel.
Paul.
Hi Paul
Be a pleasure to have you along , plenty of room , if you have been to Romania there are no real specifics , just make sure you have all your original documents , in case either the border control or police request them. We shall be a bit late leaving Eindhoven on the 19th (Tuesday)as we shall be waiting for Nige and Nico to meet up with us, so you should easily catch us or overtake us to the hotel at Sangerhausen , i shall send you a Pm with my contact details later this evening. Hope to see you

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”