Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

Mike101

Re: Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

Post by Mike101 »

sexysi wrote:Excellent picture, mate love it. Time to change the Avatar, but that is the way stewie likes me ;)

Cheers Si
Is Stewie still alive? I left the site at 10:30 and his lot were either not out if bed or not gone to bed...?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

Mike, thanks for a brilliant weekend - 570 mile round trip and a small fortune in petrol on the KTM but worth every penny and hours of numb arse!
Big thanks to Si for leading our group - still laughing at some of the mishaps! Speed just right - any faster and more bikes would have started falling apart, I think some of the group may have done it before! :whistle:
Ride safe and here's to the next one, Graham.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

It was good at that pace to get the feel for the plain
Spannerfingers

Post by Spannerfingers »

Thanks again to Mike for organising this rally; it was excellent.

Danielle (DW) and I (DK) managed to take a few photos. See the links below:

Link 1

Link 2

With regards to speeding on The Plain, the rough track that runs parallel to the northern perimeter track is now legal, which (in my book) makes the northern perimeter a dual carriageway...

Fun and games,

Dave
Slideways

Post by Slideways »

Spannerfingers wrote:Thanks again to Mike for organising this rally; it was excellent.

Danielle (DW) and I (DK) managed to take a few photos. See the links below:

With regards to speeding on The Plain, the rough track that runs parallel to the northern perimeter track is now legal, which (in my book) makes the northern perimeter a dual carriageway..

Fun and games,

Dave
Haha! We should have dropped the speed a bit then... :whistle:
Live life in the hedge.

Modified RD04 Africa Twin.
Slideways

Post by Slideways »

Oh and I can't see your links.. :huh: :)
Live life in the hedge.

Modified RD04 Africa Twin.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I can't see Dave's links...can anybody else?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Spannerfingers

Post by Spannerfingers »

All,

Sorry, links now added correctly to earlier message.

Regards,

Dave
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Fab pics Dave.

That single puddle claimed more victims than the rest all put together.

Good stuff..thanks.

Mike
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Big thanks to Mike for organising the weekend and leading the ride out group too
It was my first time off road and loved it, crapping my self on some parts (well most of it) but loving it anyway :woohoo: :pinch: :silly: (thumbs)

it was a great laugh and nice to put faces to names, looking forward to getting some more off road practice in before the next one and maybe then I wont wimp out and try a ford :whistle: I'll need to speak to Si and get a couple of easy byways routes

I will get some photos off my phone later and post them up later but sadly no usable vids as my skills with the head cam need a bit more practice :unsure: thought I had Kate in the big puddle and Ollie conquering the even bigger puddle and jump (thumbs) impressive but all I had was the grass at my feet :lol:

Bike is in the garage still looking like it should...
VERY VERY DIRTY :evil:

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”