Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

scoobydidler

Re: Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

Post by scoobydidler »

I can only echo the sentiments of all the above. An outstanding weekend all round.
Real leisurely ride down on friday through the cotswolds and fast A roads with KTMRy.
Great to catch up again with the Strata and Piel island crew, meet some more likeminded individuals, ACP, Andrew etc.
Always a relaxed feel to these meets, loads of banter, (found out if you drive for Royal Mail, you deliver mail................amazing!)
The beer flowed (in torrents) the bacon sizzled (to almost non existence!) and the hangovers were immense.
I now have about 3 grands worth of mods to do to the Ten having examined everyone elses bits and bobs, nice.
I havent even looked at or unloaded the bike after the 310 mile ride home in conditions best described as pants with extra wind which at one point was flexing the peak of my lid!
We didnt leave until 2.30, the main reasons being, A, we wanted to check Stuey was still alive and B, we hadnt realised that ryan needed at least a 3 hour advance warning that we were leaving so he could pack!! Sore point I know mate!
Im trying my best to get a few photos up so bear with me.
Thanks to Mike for organising another cracking meet and it was great to meet you all.
Until the next one, keep it rubber side down (unless youre getting some hangtime!)

IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG (65.77 KiB) Viewed 6773 times

Cheers, Scoob.
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

hopefully a few pics.
Group shot fairly well oiled.
Felco with his new hip hop act, Felco and the Salisbury City Pastors......reeespec.

IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG (23.75 KiB) Viewed 6773 times
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG (41.48 KiB) Viewed 6773 times
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Oi...you didn't invite me along...there might have been two walks of shame that weekend.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Mike101 wrote:Oi...you didn't invite me along...there might have been two walks of shame that weekend.

Mike
dream on mikey :P
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

bond_yzf wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Oi...you didn't invite me along...there might have been two walks of shame that weekend.

Mike
dream on mikey :P
Oh there is life in these old bones yet Jim...you wait and see.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

Dan, thanks for those pictures they are brilliant! ..and everyone else's of course :)
Thanks for looking for indicators as well.
Bob they are like the square bike it ones used on a few things. The Dakar ones are the same :)

Also is it okay to use Dave and Dans photos from Flikr and if so how can I download them? Thanks
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Erm my beginners that I was leading..... yep right at least they look the part

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Angel

Post by Angel »

Given up with firefox, as I can't upload links or pictures.
Now on Chromium (ubuntu) so it might work.
Really enjoyed the weekend.
660inthewoods.jpg
660inthewoods.jpg (132.11 KiB) Viewed 6773 times
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

David - nice pic, make a good publicity shot! All the best with bike sales, see you next year

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”