Calling all riders who know Salisbury plain..a bit.

Mike101

Re: Calling all riders who know Salisbury plain..a bit.

Post by Mike101 »

Most people when they ride the plain stick to the main areas or the peri track. While these are all great i've fund some little trails ticked away that are open to ride yet seldom used by the masses.

In the next moneht i'll be getting people together who can help with the rides. I can show you all what i've found and combined with any knowledge you may have be can setup a great run for everybody.

My aim is to leave the camp site at 10am and not return until 4pm with the vast majority being off road.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Mike can't promise anything at the moment, but soon as the DR is up and running I might be able to help out happy to pop down before hand for a day out to learn a route

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Redmurty wrote:Mike can't promise anything at the moment, but soon as the DR is up and running I might be able to help out happy to pop down before hand for a day out to learn a route

cheers Spud ;)
Cheers..i'll be in touch in a few weeks.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

my pleasure, killing to birds with one stone,

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Mike101 wrote:
Redmurty wrote:Mike can't promise anything at the moment, but soon as the DR is up and running I might be able to help out happy to pop down before hand for a day out to learn a route

cheers Spud ;)
Cheers..i'll be in touch in a few weeks.

Mike
I don't know the plains, but like Red am willing to pop down, do some trails and some planning with you guys also happy to led a bunch of fellow ABR's down some track and get dirty.

Will get the memorymap OS downloads for my Galaxy Note that will show all the Byways etc.

Si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Cheers Si..your offer is duly noted and will be called up.

The route is very easy that i have in mind. I'll be in touch soon about it.

Mike
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Should be able to get some nice videos as well, I can have 1 forward facing and 1 rear facing Gopro's running. (thumbs)

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Just looking at routes now and there is so much to ride over it's going to hard choosing what not to do.

I hope for those who have not been on the plain before i will be able to show them how easy it is to ride and how open it all is.

Imber won't be open until a week later and i won't know about the artillery ranges until near the time. But even if they are all closed miles and miles of lovely wide open tails to ride.

Riding a very simple route from Larkhill around the peri track to westbury whitehouse is about 40 miles each way...and you cross one main road in all that. I like to do it on a morning as it can be ridden very fast or slow dependnig upon mood.

What i have discvored recently are many more easy but smaller trails suited to our bikes..if it's dry that is.

The only boring bit tis the 20 min ride from the camp site to the plain itself.

I hope everybody enjoys themselves

Lets hope is nice and warm.

Mike
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Mike there is always going to be a couple of boring bits, you can't always expect to see a Byway at the entrance of the campsite :blink:

As you can see from some of my recent posted videos, the ground is pretty dry, there is the odd bit of wet stuff, but come August it is going to be bone dry. I think on our saturday rideouts we did last year, we managed to do 8 hrs riding, hitting at least 20-30 Byways. As long as people bring enough fluid, jobs a good en!

Would be nice to get some water in somewhere, even if it is a Ford that passes over a track!

Look forward to it now, as long as I survive europe in 3 weeks :woohoo:
Si

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Enjoy Europe...wish i was going...been back a week now and i want to head off again.

How how i wish i was young, free and single....with no money..no bike and not old enough to insure anything over 250!!!!!

Youth is wasted on the young.

Mike

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”