**Salisbury plain rally** a question for you all please.

Gedge

Re: **Salisbury plain rally** a question for you all please.

Post by Gedge »

BigBashBonanza wrote:I'd prefer to sort out my own food, whether cooking or takeaway rather than relying on someone else to do it.
The brew kit on tap is a good idea, a burco boiler bubbling away, milk in the fridge and tea and coffee there. Over the weekend, I guess a pound or two off everyone will pay for the hot wet! (thumbs)

For option 2 ride, I'd say all off road, on the Plains trails and tracks and as for the campfire, that's a great idea!

That ^^^
davsato

Post by davsato »

In my experience mike we're all grown ups and will be more than happy with a flat spot to pitch on, don't over think it and don't worry about it, its your weekend chillaxing too. Sounds like you've got it covered,
A pitch
Water
Loos & showers
Pub nearby would be nice
Bonfire would be nice

That's your job done, crack a beer
Dave
russh

Post by russh »

Hi Mike,

You done the essential bit, organising the event, location, camping and rides, and many thanks for this. (thumbs)

I'm with davsato,

A pitch
Water
Loos & showers

Pub nearby would be nice
Bonfire would be nice

It's you weekend too, relax and enjoy.

Food wise I'd prefer to sort myself out...... ride, drink, meet and chatter.

As for ride #2, again pretty easy on this, whether all off road or a bit of both, no problems, preference for more off bias but either is cool!

cheers - Russ
---------

F800GS - broom broom yeah!
Don1960

Post by Don1960 »

And don't worry as i'm not going to marching about at the thing like a certain german public speaker from the 30's and 40's...

Ooii, I'm not that old !!!!
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

I'd do as little catering as possible, we are supposed to be adventure bikers after all, if we get scared at the thought of lighting a camping stove we're going to be sod all use in Mongolia. And anyway it's less worry for yourself.

In terms of rideouts, some don't want to get their tyres dirty so that's OPTION 1 a road ride for them, some won't enjoy it unless they've cracked their plastics, bent their bars and broken their ribs so that's OPTION 3 a hardcore ride for them. Then there's the rest of us who haven't done much if any off road riding but really, REALLY want a go.

We're a harder bunch to cater for but the ideal, for me anyway, is a slow, friendly pace, with plenty of time to stop before and after any of the more challenging stuff so that we can all take photos and videos of people falling over/off/in (cue Tricky posting the video of my little off at the Chilterns) and enough time to chat and big ourselves up as to how hardcore we all are because we haven't yet fallen over/off/in. Looking back at the GPS track of the Chilterns easy ride I can see we spent nearly a third of the time stationary no doubt taking photos, comparing near misses and smoking nerve-calming ciggies. We did have fantastic guides who'd been out just before, knew all the trickier bits and who talked us through any of those trickier bits before we tackled them.

Everything I've read about the area suggests that unless it's wet it's the perfect place for newbie off-roaders on the standard 80% road 20% off-road tyres most bikes come with so to have a nice easy day out pottering about the byways of Wiltshire seems to good an opportunity to miss. Maybe it'll pull in some of the mud-fearing folk on their panzers or perhaps the odd C90 rider.

Anyway just my thoughts, feel free to ignore them.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Spannerfingers

Post by Spannerfingers »

Panzer-bikes! Now there's a thought.
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

I am reaidng this - sounds good, but is there any dates already proposed ??

Cheers,

Chris
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Kinioo wrote:I am reaidng this - sounds good, but is there any dates already proposed ??

Cheers,

Chris
Have a look in the events calander thingy. There is a link to all the info you need..it's on the 15th of August...so less than two weeks away.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

Mike101 wrote:
Kinioo wrote:I am reaidng this - sounds good, but is there any dates already proposed ??

Cheers,

Chris
Have a look in the events calander thingy. There is a link to all the info you need..it's on the 15th of August...so less than two weeks away.

Mike
Cheers MIke !

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”