ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread* **Direction pics page 21"

Mike101

ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread* **Direction pics page 21"

Post by Mike101 »

I know it's a long way off but don't say i didn't give you plenty of warning.

You are all invited to the 1st Salisbury Plain ABR rally.

The campsite location will be at 'Laverstock Sports and social club , Laverstock, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 1QX'

If you look at google maps you will see a football pitch with a white surround. The club house, toilets, showers bar etc are all to the right of this pitch. The campsite is the empty field directly to the left of the pitch near the river.

Salisbury Plain and it's many miles of fun is a 15-20 min ride north of Salisbury.

I am able to offer the following at the camp site:-

24x7 toilets with showers open early unitl noon ont eh Saturday and Sunday mornings
An indoor bar for Friday and Saturday night
Local shops and take away 2 mins walk away
A camp fire.

As seems the norm a charge of £5 per tent per night will be asked for. This will all go to support the local football team.

I am also able to offer 3 different types of rides out on the Saturday.

The 1st will be a full offroad ride that will require offroad tyres and some level of skill. This will be lead by a rider who knows the Plain well. This is now fully booked.

The 2nd will be an easy ride on the Plain sticking to the easy 'MOD' tracks. This will be suitable to almost all who's bikes can go offroad.

The 3rd will be a ride out in the wiltshire/Dorset countryside stopping for some nice views and cake.

If you are not up for any of the rides out then the city of Salisbury has more than enough to keep you entertained.

Also i have chosen August as this when the army are usually not blowing things up so we will have most of the Plain to play on. The date chosen is two weeks after the usual ABR Lymington rally dates and two weeks before the usual ABR midlands rally. I understand that this is a bit congested but it's also the only time i can get the camp site.

Please contact me if you have any quesitons and i look forward to seeing you all there.

Names so far.

Freeloadeur 2
James691 ?
MarkN 2
Coyotedave ?
Mich ?
Sexysi 1
Hilux +1 2
Ciukes 1
Brenhden 1
Buelligan 2
Joe Thumper ?
Picos Meztiso 2
Mikeybizzle ?
Shrek ?
kilmi 1+1
Chilinski 1
nigel page 2
mark71 ?
herman ?
Team-X 2
Godspeed 2
xanist ?
ACP 1
skidlydog 2
davsto 3
oilcan 2
economix 2
AndyH 2
Bikerbaz 2
IndigoSteve 2
f17th +1 2
alankillackey 2
phil.hughes 1983 1
Babbs
Scoobydiddler
Davec +1
Heavysnake
catcitrus
optimesery
bond_yzf
Jacques
ry8762 1
Ricky
Capt. Sensible 3
Shep 3
l8KTM
Tiga1050
Stevewatkin +2
Sethmop
Phasing Phase
Andy17
Macten 1
Stevio
Felco+1
Jonperry64
KtmRy
Ben Earle +3
ExplorerRob

Ride numbers so far:- This will move about a bit.

Ride 1 = 10
Ride 2 = lots but we have 4 groups in this ride so will sort it out on the day.
Ride 3 = about 7

Ride 1 is now full but there three other off road rides to amuse you all. The final route will be up to your guide but we will make sure that all the people on the same routes get to experience the same things.
Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Elle

Re: ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread*

Post by Elle »

hey Mike
Since the dates coincide with a long weekend off work, it'd be rude not to put my name down
I'd arrive by van with trail bike & will either do either of the trail rides depending on level of skill required :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

sounds like a plan.. would prefer the easier off road route but can do the harder one if space is limited.............
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

mike101 ..pm sent ;)
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Hopefully by then I shall be permanently residing in France. However, it make fit with a trip back to see family.
This being the case, please put me down as a tentative.
Not all those wandering are lost
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Touch wood I'll be off to Morocco in September so this can be a handy shakedown. Pop me down for the more simple of the two trail rides as I'll be on a stupid bike.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Tomsdad

Re: ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread*

Post by Tomsdad »

Just a little taster of what can be seen on Mike's Salisbury weekender ride-outs.
The last couple are from the Imber range so not 100% sure it will be open on the rally date.

Cheers,
Andy.

PS...Happy to take a group out if needed.
James691

Post by James691 »

Put me down as a possible please Mike - looks like a cracker and gives a better spread on the dates to cover more riders.

Your efforts are very much appreciated :)

James
Dancing in the moonlight
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Great pics...and i think i know exactly where they were all taken. The last tank pic is in Imber and i doubut we will get there. But saying that it was open this August.

Cheers again.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
V_King

Post by V_King »

thanks Mike for the effort organising.

I will try to attend a rideout at least. Salisbury plain is gooooood. Not sure if will be able to come for the whole rally, but would like to put my name on. If anything changes, will let you know.

Thanks
""

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”