Ullapool via perth or Fort William?..what would you do?

david

Re: Ullapool via perth or Fort William?..what would you do?

Post by david »

I did Loughton to Ullapool via M6, M74, A82 great route. The M6 across Shape sets you up for the beauty of the Highlands. If I get my act together I'll meet you this year. When are you returning?
Elle

Re: Ullapool via perth of Fort William

Post by Elle »

Mike101 wrote:I'm already doing 12 hours on my Tenere and i think thats quite enough.
We'll have a rubber ring ready for your arrival :P
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Now then i'm not quite up on Scottish or Yorkshire kinky games but i'll give anything a go at least once.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi lads,theirs road works on the erskine bridge ,today 20min hold ups,.al
moto al
outrunner

Post by outrunner »

Turn left off the A82 at Drumnadrochit taking the A831 then turn right on to the A833.
Follow thatv road until the A862 junction then turn left going up through Beauly and Muir of Ord. At the A835 junction turn left and it's full chat to Ullapool. Taking this road will give you both scenery and plenty twisty bits as well. :)

Andy.
Grumpy auld man.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

If going up the A82 you must stop at the "Green Welly" you might bump into a few others going that way also.

Not decided my route yet. As others have said will wait and see on the weather. I am leaving from Stirling
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

If you're wanting to do the east side then going via Tomintoul, Lecht and Glenshee ski areas nicely bypass the dreaded A9.
Brads

Post by Brads »

I`ll be heading this route on Friday as well. Hitting Stirling, then on, stop at the green welly for tea then Ullapool
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
parabiker

Post by parabiker »

Ditch the M6 at Gretna, turn left to Dumfries & Galloway on A75, turn right onto A712 at Crocketford (best biker road ever) head north to catch ferry to Dunoon (couple of quid), head to Inveraray on A83 then the lovely A819 to pick up the Fort William Road (A85)

Stunning roads & scenery, brings you out on the A85 just nice for Glencoe, less boring motorway & you miss out Glasgow completely and the nasty A82 along Loch Lomond. No squared off tyres.

That's the way I'll be heading :woohoo:

Enjoy

PB
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I'm another for the A82 one way and the A939(Nairn)-A93(Perth)the other.The latter is a lot more technical and twisty so probably best left for the way home,while your feeling fresh(if you haven't had too much to drink the night before! :sick: )I never go near the A9 if I can help it.

Return to “September 2013 - ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 27th, 28th, 29th”