ABR Rally Westmidlands

Dpj71

ABR Rally Westmidlands

Post by Dpj71 »

Hi . Is there any one from Dudley or near by area going to this weekend ABR midlands rally . Would like to attend but have just moved here from South Africa and don't now the roads that well ?
Elle

Re: ABR Rally Westmidlands

Post by Elle »

welcome!
I hail from the midlands but it's been a while since I used the local roads. Do you use a SatNav? There doesn't seem to be many nice routes which avoid motorways and towns so the motorway may be a better option on a Friday afternoon on a Bank Holiday weekend.
Hopefully, a local will be able to advise, so here's a bump for the question! :)

Just spotted these directions on the main page:
Coming from the North
From M40 junction 15, Take the A429 towards Cirencester. Enter the Village of HALFORD take the first left,(if you pass a pub on the right or petrol station on left you have gone to far). Into IDLICOTE ROAD. You come to a sharp left bend in the road with a right fork - take the right fork. Follow the lane for about a mile until it drops down a hill - the campsite is on the right through a gate at the bottom of the hill. If you continue up the hill GRANBY FARM is on the right.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Wolves, Stourbridge, Redditch, and through to Stratford area.

I'm not going this weekend, but are more than happy to go out and show you the area some other time

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
IJnoGSer

ABR Rally Westmidlands

Post by IJnoGSer »

Wouldn't fancy having you as a guide. Wolves from Dudley to get to Stratford? Slightly the opposite direction.....
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

IJnoGSer wrote:Wouldn't fancy having you as a guide. Wolves from Dudley to get to Stratford? Slightly the opposite direction.....
Yeah but Wolves is gods own country :whistle: and as per my guide duties at least you would have an interesting mystery trip :pinch:

I haven't got a clue why I put Wolves, but in any case Dudley, Stourbridge, Redditch and onto the Stratford area Honest :whistle: if you want to avoid motorways

Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “August 2013 - ABR Midlands Rally 23rd 24th 25th”