Ullapool 2015

suzivstrom650

Re: Ullapool 2015

Post by suzivstrom650 »

CoyoteDave, have registered in the Events section.
See u all up there (thumbs)
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

steve172 wrote:Also keep in mind, the Bealach Mor is on Saturday, so the road to Applecross will be heaving with cyclists.. might even be shut to motorised traffic?

http://www.handsonevents.co.uk/?page_id=20

Your correct there Steve the Bealach is closed from 10-30 to 13-30 between Tornapress to Applecross campsite for the race. Not a problem though if you take the coast road from Sheildaig to Applecross time for a spot of lunch at the inn or the chippy van then back out over the pass for 13-30 you will have to lookout for cyclists though.
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

suzivstrom650 wrote:
Mac 60 wrote:
Mac 60 wrote:
Yea Troon ferry is a crap time on Thur so i booked the early crossing from Belfast to Cairnryan. Its only 100 miles down the road from Troon. Shouldent imagine i will make Ullapool on Thursday. If not i may spend the night at Red Squirrel of wild camp somewhere futher north.

Correction its only 50 odd miles from Troon so i may well make Ullapool on Thur evening. Sailing is 0730 hrs arrives Cairnryan at 0952hrs
Hadn't even thought of Belfast Cairnryan :pinch: For Scotland automatically checked out Larne ferries!
Have booked on same sailing so see you on board,Should recognise you,you were tent next to me at ABR Ireland.
Yes, the snorer :blush:
LoL thats great. Iam meeting up with Red Eric near Prestwick for the ride up. More than welcome to join us.
suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

Cheers mate,will probably take u up on that (thumbs)
daryl

Post by daryl »

My current plan is to arrive for Friday dinner time but It's a 9 hour, 540 mile ride according to Google, and i'm not sure my backside will last that long on the 690 so it might be Saturday by the time I actually arrive.
ullukk

Post by ullukk »

Thanks for the info on the cycle event on saturday, setting off up north in morning forra few days in the highlands, was gunna go over cattle pass to applecross on saturday but it'll be friday or sunday for me now.
Brads

Post by Brads »

Did the pass on Sunday night in shocking weather. 2 up and loaded on a Harley fat bob. Not nice in any way shape or form.

Came home Wed and have been in bed ill since, so no ride up for me this year.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Brads wrote:Did the pass on Sunday night in shocking weather. 2 up and loaded on a Harley fat bob. Not nice in any way shape or form.
And did this come as a surprise to you? :whistle: ;)
Brads

Post by Brads »

sprintster wrote:
Brads wrote:Did the pass on Sunday night in shocking weather. 2 up and loaded on a Harley fat bob. Not nice in any way shape or form.
And did this come as a surprise to you? :whistle: ;)
Nope, but I`m a hardy adventure biker type.

I just imagined what Ewan would do and cracked on with it.

Coupla wankers nearly rammed me over the barrier mind cause you could see they were panicky about the decent and weren`t stopping at the passing places.

Car driving wankfarts.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
sethmopp

Post by sethmopp »

Due to work, will get there saturday about lunchtime. Decided to be a softy and got a good price in a local hotel.

Return to “ABR Highlands rally Ullapool 4th-6th September 2015”