Welsh Rally June

James691

Welsh Rally June

Post by James691 »

Is there any interest out there for this one?

The events are for members and run by members - so if you are thinking about another venue and there is interest in that area then why not get something cooking?
Dancing in the moonlight
Tramp

Re: Welsh Rally June

Post by Tramp »

Sorry James :( ..nowt planned this end...general views where Piel Island was a better option and dates very similar..

A lot of the Rallys are suffering from lack of a lack of local input etc..Yorkshire rally is the same :(
James691

Post by James691 »

Nowt to be sorry about Tramp :)

The island event has that 'exclusive' appeal and I will be going myself :) - just looking to see if this time slot is wanted by the members. But then if someone pops up with something in that time then it can of course be advertised on the forum - as long as that event is free of charge - as in no money is made from the event.

Now that some events are 'established' like the Boil and Ullapool then, as was hoped, more and more meets are just set up by members giving more options for people.
Dancing in the moonlight
jasext

Post by jasext »

This was run very well last year by Dragonwheels, he was willing to do another but a few members posted up about moving it to Mid Wales which is too far for us to travel to sort out, maybe the members who wanted it moved should step in and sort something out.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i liked the old campsite at the anciant briton :)
i had a great veiw of it from my bedroom window :evil:

seriously the pub was great ..the trail riding was well organised and in a great location
i do think the dates are too near to eachother one will cannabalise the other ..

i just wonder why it changed time slot and location
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
James691

Post by James691 »

They did -

Mike is running the ABR Piel Island Rally so the June month is covered but by all means anyone can post up a meet anywhere. As Tramp said, there is just far more interest in the sand ride to the island in that month.

This came out before the booking for Mid Wales was taken over and has proved very popular! I know I'm looking forward to it. :)

So we have the island at the start of June and then South England at the start of July.

But of course any member is free to show a meet at anywhere they desire.
Dancing in the moonlight
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Think this was the thread that changed the location of the Wales rally.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... place.html

I've been to the last 2 welsh rallies and they were great events, but I am one of the guilty ones for opting to change venues. So apologies to dragon wheels and other for their organising skills and ride leading. Nothing against the location or venue, just that for me a change would have been interesting. And on a selfish note, mid Wales is a lot closer to home.

So, ill happily take over and arrange a mid Wales rally if there is interest. Can't do June due to the piel rally, but if there is interest later in the year I'm game.....as long as dates don't clash with any other rally. I know the trails and routes in the area.
jasext

Post by jasext »

Well done Mike, no need for apologies and hopefully it turns out a good event
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

My view..we rode some of the great trails in good company..the pub sucked as was far too busy to get food and overcrowded..

why ride up to rhyder to do the trails there when a good campsite is available and local pubs too..surely its no to much to ask someone nearer than me ..180 mls away to organise things...if thats what people want..

Also why has it to be the same old faces organising everything for others..so come on fellow riders share and enjoy..

this is not ment as a pop at anyone as the help we recieved last year was very well recieved...thanks for showing me a great area and hospitality..

Return to “June 2013 - ABR Welsh Rally Rhayader 14th, 15th, 16th”