Piel Trail Ride

beddowsm

Re: Piel Trail Ride

Post by beddowsm »

bazza wrote:Hi Mike, just replyed to the other thread.

If there is still room will the AT be ok with a quite worn (when i get there) TKC.

Dont think ill have time to get another one intime unless some one knows anywhere on route as ill be travelling up from Salisbury via Swindon and then the M5 on Friday.

Thanks Mike

Bazz
Yes baz, will be good to see you again, been too long. You will be fine on the tkcs
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

All set for tomorrow, fitted my newly acquired spare wheels last night and replaced the Scorpion on the back with a Mefo Super Explorer, I didn't realise but the 'new' rear wheel came with a Super Enduro sprocket (45 teeth instead of the Adventure's standard 42), so the lower gearing will come in handy on the trails :) It certainly feels a lot snappier on the road :evil:

The front wheel came fitted with a Dunlop D908 so I decided to try it out riding to work today..... oh my god that's weird!

The steering is really heavy on the road and it feels really vague, it seem to grip well enough (it was p*ssing down) but after 12 miles, my arms were pumped up so badly I could barely feel my hands due to pins and needles. I'm sure it would be great on the trails (and the sea bed ;) ) for grip but 500 miles to the Lakes and back is out of the question.

So it's getting swapped for a nice predictable TKC tonight :whistle:
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

bazza wrote:Hi Mike, just replyed to the other thread.

If there is still room will the AT be ok with a quite worn (when i get there) TKC.

Dont think ill have time to get another one intime unless some one knows anywhere on route as ill be travelling up from Salisbury via Swindon and then the M5 on Friday.

Thanks Mike

Bazz
Bazza

PMd you re spare wheel with TKC on it
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Baz, what time you travelling up Friday? I'm leaving mine at 1400 (Runcorn, Paul-s neighbour) and meeting kito at carnforth truck haven at 1530. Then got a few trails planned before we get to the campsite.
bazza

Post by bazza »

Ill be leaving here at about 10 but via Swindon to get a new tyre fitted mate so my ETA is unknow, ill pm you my number. But I should be able to meet you somewhere.

Bazz
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

hello people
just to clarify ill be riding up saturday eary and will meet up at the wainwrights pub before 8.30am ...

ill be staying at the island ...but in the bunkhouse
partly as i hate camping :( and partly as i dont want to lug the gear on the trails :) ..but mainly cos i hate camping :evil: ...

if anyone is coming up saturday morning and wants a bed on peil island pm me as ive got four of them :laugh:

ill be happy with a tenner ..the only thing you need is a sleeping bag

so great ... looking forward to seeing you all on saturday

steve
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Good stuff minky, see you Saturday morning. Pm me your number just incase.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Just done a head count and think we have the following attempting to meet up tonight...

Me
Kito
Sparkton
NothingToSee
MadCow
Bazza
MikeyBoy +1
Africa John +1
Kiwi Nick
Stevied
KTM Chris
Laughing Gravy

If Ive missed anyone add your name to this thread.....and if you havent already done so PM me your number just incase. Will attempt to RV at Baybrown campsite (will aim to get there for 18:00), but if they dont let us in, then its up the valley to Great Langdale. Failing that Ill plonk myself in Waywright Inn (near the first campsite), will be there approx 19:30 having a pint. And if no one else has found anywhere suitable to camp then its up a mountain for us to camp in the wild......or at the very least knock on a farmers door asking for field space.

Anyone else, feel free........Phone reception may be dodgy so if I cant contact you its cause theres no reception, not that Im ignoring anyone.
bazza

Post by bazza »

Well that's the new tyre on and me setting off,
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 11667 times

Return to “June 2013 - ABR 'Island' Rally at Piel Island 1st - 2nd June”