ABR Island Rally

AndyB

Re: ABR Island Rally

Post by AndyB »

beddowsm wrote:Just to recap.

Heading for this campsite Friday night.

http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/index.html

It does state no groups on the website and I'm wary to phone them to ask the group question. I've previously contacted another site and they point blank refused, so we are all on our own for finding a place to camp Friday night. If I can't get in the above ill be heading for the great langdale national trust site.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holiday ... -langdale/

If they won't let me camp then ill probably head back towards wainwrights inn near bays brown farm campsite (see the map on the campsite). Ill hang around there until approx 1930 and if anyone else has found a site come and let me know. My backup then is to point my bike up the closest mountain, get as far up as I can and then wild camp.

Saturday. Those that are trail riding, think there approx 6 of us. Meet at wainwrights inn. Or somewhere close and visible. We will be riding from here at 0830.

The crossing for piel is from snab point. We will be leaving here at 13:30. Don't be late. We will be guided across by a 4x4 from the island. No one is to cross without the guide. Ill probably ride out a hundred meters and park up to help anyone that needs picking up.

See you all there.
I'm getting a bit twitchy about this and though I'm not down to go I'm more and more tempted. I need to check when my wife comes back from the TT and if it's not until Sunday am I ok to just pitch up for the crossing on Saturday?

It's only about 4 hours from Bedford so I can do it easily and I can throw a tent on the bike when I get home Friday evening.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Andyb, yep. Feel free to decide last minute. If you make it, great. If not, so be it.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

beddowsm wrote:Andyb, yep. Feel free to decide last minute. If you make it, great. If not, so be it.
Top man. I'll catch up with her tomorrow then try and shed the hacking cough I've got and possibly come and join you.
SimplyExploring

Post by SimplyExploring »

Can we get breakfast in the pub on the Sunday morning? or do I need to bring some munchies?
bazza

Post by bazza »

Hi Mike,

Can you stick me down for this mate, my weekend has just become free and iv missed it the last 2 years.

Thanks
Bazz
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

SimplyExploring wrote:Can we get breakfast in the pub on the Sunday morning? or do I need to bring some munchies?
Not sure. Ill call the pub tonight and ask. But incase I can't get an answer I'd urge all to take what you need to survive for 24 hours. It's an island after all and there isn't a local Asda on the island.

There is a basic toilet and tap etc etc so waters not a problem. And a pub which serve meals........but with so many coming getting a table may be a concern. Remember its a small island, with a smallish pub. I doubt they get large numbers visiting at a single time. Just be aware of this. So ill reiterate, I'd recommend all being self sufficient. Any extras on the island, take as a benefit.

We should be back on the mainland midday Sunday.
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Hi,
To all who are lucky enough to attend this one have a great time, we have just returned from Europe (operation chastise) and I know some of the boy,s are doing this as well, Nick,John,Chris,Steve,possibly Phil.
Cheers tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

tea007 wrote:Just thought I would put this info on my wee ride to the lakes
If anybody wants to meet and ride up with me pm
Me
Leaving Colchester about 10 heading to towester to drop some tyres of then on to Mansfield to pick up new helmet then onto the lakes to campsite
Google route see if I pass you
Tea007
I would have hooked up with you but it's going to be a bit early for me, not leaving Stevenage until about 1.00 but that is dependent on what time I actually get out of work.
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Latest weather update, looks like we might get a little damp on Saturday night ;)

SATURDAY:
WalneySaturdayforecastonthursday.jpg
WalneySaturdayforecastonthursday.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 7318 times
SUNDAY:
WalneySundayforecastonthursday.jpg
WalneySundayforecastonthursday.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 7318 times
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Don't worry Tony, I'm sure we will all be wrapped up in the pub.

Return to “June 2013 - ABR 'Island' Rally at Piel Island 1st - 2nd June”