Info on lanes in south Peaks

Phil

Info on lanes in south Peaks

Post by Phil »

Was wondering if anyone is riding any lanes on the Fri 9th in the south area of the peak district. I'm hoping to be up there about lunch time and fancy getting in a couple of lanes.

If not can anyone point out just a few lanes i could ride? as i would be on my own i only fancy tootling about on easy stuff.

I dont know the area, or have a GPS...but i do have an OS map.

Thanks

P.S Wasnt sure which category to put this under as there now a "Green lane" category.
JimboF650

Re: Info on lanes in south Peaks

Post by JimboF650 »

Is that wise mate - remember your Ullapool escapades :P

Looking on Street view there's a green lane out the back of the pub (they did well to get the google maps car through me thinks).
Greenlane.jpg
Greenlane.jpg (37.04 KiB) Viewed 9729 times
See you there ;)
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

Phil wrote:Was wondering if anyone is riding any lanes on the Fri 9th in the south area of the peak district. I'm hoping to be up there about lunch time and fancy getting in a couple of lanes.

If not can anyone point out just a few lanes i could ride? as i would be on my own i only fancy tootling about on easy stuff.

I dont know the area, or have a GPS...but i do have an OS map.

Thanks

P.S Wasnt sure which category to put this under as there now a "Green lane" category.
Phil, give me a call please when you have your map in front of you and half hour to spare. (9pm tonight?)I maybe able to point you in the right direction. have PM you my moby number
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

JimboF650 wrote:Is that wise mate - remember your Ullapool escapades :P

Looking on Street view there's a green lane out the back of the pub (they did well to get the google maps car through me thinks).
Greenlane.jpg
See you there ;)
If its the one right next to the pub its restircted so no motorvehicles unfortunately :( However, I plan to be seting up at the Bull in t'Thorn pub by midday at the latest so if you want to rock up there I can point to a few easy ones.
Phil

Post by Phil »

JimboF650 wrote:Is that wise mate - remember your Ullapool escapades :P
Very true - every time i go out on my own something "eventful" happens ;)

If all goes well im going to try and get there, set up and get ready for lunch time, so a few hours of easy lanes would be grand. ;)

As i said i dont really know the area but is it the kind of place you can just ride around and find lanes, or do you need to know where your going? even though this is no good (in my opinion) when riding on your own as finding a lane is fine....but if it turns into a nightmare half way down you could be buggered! (talking from past experience :blush: )

wayne roome - PM sent
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Return to “ABR Cream of the North Peak District Rally 9th to 11th November 2012”