Campsite Location

Ubique 895

Campsite Location

Post by Ubique 895 »

Hello,

As there seems to be nothing down yet can I suggest 'Hardhurst Farm' Campsite in Hope.

It's a brilliant campsite, the best campsite shower block I've ever been in and practically flat pitches!

Local pub is <1 min walk (The Travellers Rest) and there's an onsite cafe which does an awesome breakfast in the morning.

About a Fiver a night too.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
Ubique 895

Campsite Location

Post by Ubique 895 »

"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
James691

Re: Campsite Location

Post by James691 »

Road to Manchester was doing this one - I will see where he is up to and have something posted up soonest.

Cheers

James
Dancing in the moonlight
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Have you a date for this rally yet? :)
andymac

Post by andymac »

be aware there a trail bike thieves in & around hope, waiting near cafes jumping on bikes and stealing them.
ie:key less wr250/450s
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
James691

Post by James691 »

Very soon Bonnie :)
Dancing in the moonlight
scouse

Post by scouse »

Hadhurst can get very funny about large groups camping there... so much so. when we have the occasional club weekend there we all book separately. And we have been going there for years and still aren't allowed a block booking.

The owner can be a bit of a weirdo but the brekkie is great, if you can get served. They don't deal very well with large "sittings" and it can take up to an hour from ordering to getting food.

If you do use it don't camp up hill... it's next to the railway line and Saturday gets a bit noisy early as it is also close to a station.

Oh and NO FIRES... so that great ABR rally tradition can't be upheld.

This place maybe better for November as a lot of other sites that allow fires close by the end of October.

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/pea ... -i396.html
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
James691

Post by James691 »

Cheers Scouse :)

Always a fountain of info Bro - I did look at that one but wishing for £50 deposit per pitch and min £17 a night for a tent in a meadow was rather high.

I have spoken to Mick at the Bull in the Thorns - £3 pppn and pub on site for food. I just need to work out a weekend in November and that will be done tonight at the latest.

How is the bike doing, hope you got a tyre for Scotland :)

Thanks for the warning on the other place! :)
Dancing in the moonlight
scouse

Post by scouse »

James691 wrote:Cheers Scouse :)

How is the bike doing, hope you got a tyre for Scotland :)
Cheers, new tyre is now on the KLR... after much sweating, swearing and tyre soap at the weekend , but Ullapool clashes with a MAG rally in Devon that we had already promised to go to as we had volunteered for marshalling months ago.

Like wise Ecky Thump clashes with our clubs annual charity rally and 16th to 18th of November we will be at another rally so try not to book that weekend :laugh: ... it used to be held round the same neck of the woods... but after having to dig everyone out of the snow a couple of years running it is now held lower down the Dales... ;) so be warned folks - you may need snow chains and a 4 season tent! Real adventure biking!
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
James691

Post by James691 »

Sweet Mate - good to hear you are both nice and busy!

November in the Peak District is 9th to 11th - so I hope you can make it and bring some snow chains :)
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “ABR Cream of the North Peak District Rally 9th to 11th November 2012”