James691

Questions, Suggestions and Banter

Post by James691 »

Let us know what's on your mind :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Elle

Re: Questions, Suggestions and Banter

Post by Elle »

According to their web site, there is a bunkhouse that sleeps 12 in 2 rooms.
However, sometime in 2012 they are converting the rooms into 4 - two rooms will sleep just 2 people and 2 rooms will sleep 4 each.

Pricing is not that clear but if divided by 12 people it would be approx £36 per person for 2 nights (if rented out as sole usage).

The cost is a lot more than camping but it provides a bed and warmth. There is also a kitchen, dining room and a sitting room (I assume only big enough for 12).

Given a choice of camping in Yorkshire in October or a bed, I'll take the bed :)
It's just a suggestion......
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
James691

Post by James691 »

And I'm sure there will be many that agree Elle, I know a few that HATE camping (Treadtrader ;)).

I'm ok with a cold backside for 4 quid - but it is more options for folks and that's what it is all about!
Dancing in the moonlight
Mul001

Re: ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally October 11th - 14th October

Post by Mul001 »

Q, is this the sign up page ?

1x provisional is as good as it gets at the minute - it is a heck of a long way off :blink:

It may cost me a lot of money, I owe a lot people a Beer :)

Not knowing any routes, I can always Charlie
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

Elle wrote:According to their web site, there is a bunkhouse that sleeps 12 in 2 rooms.
However, sometime in 2012 they are converting the rooms into 4 - two rooms will sleep just 2 people and 2 rooms will sleep 4 each.

Pricing is not that clear but if divided by 12 people it would be approx £36 per person for 2 nights (if rented out as sole usage).

The cost is a lot more than camping but it provides a bed and warmth. There is also a kitchen, dining room and a sitting room (I assume only big enough for 12).

Given a choice of camping in Yorkshire in October or a bed, I'll take the bed :)
It's just a suggestion......
Sharing with 8 blokes, burping, farting and having strange dreams might change your mind :laugh: well we are adventure bike riders after all, one for all, all for one :P
James691

Re: ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally October 11th - 14th October

Post by James691 »

Mul001 wrote:Q, is this the sign up page ?

1x provisional is as good as it gets at the minute - it is a heck of a long way off :blink:

It may cost me a lot of money, I owe a lot people a Beer :)

Not knowing any routes, I can always Charlie
Here is the Rally over view mate - Over View
Dancing in the moonlight
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

James691 wrote:And I'm sure there will be many that agree Elle, I know a few that HATE camping (Treadtrader ;)).

I'm ok with a cold backside for 4 quid - but it is more options for folks and that's what it is all about!
Oi, I don't hate camping, that's Minky. :whistle:

My missus dosen't like the cold though. :(
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Elle

Post by Elle »

GOG 007 wrote:Sharing with 8 blokes, burping, farting and having strange dreams might change your mind :laugh: well we are adventure bike riders after all, one for all, all for one :P
I once stayed in a bunkroom with 5 other women & one woman snored, farted & squeaked her teeth throughout the night. I got 3 hours sleep after being on my bike all day - she arrived by car!!
I have never known any man out-snore that woman.

But if they're converting a room into 2 beds, I'll take the lower bunk of one :-)

Ps Don't wish to tread on toes but I'm happy to enquire about the bunkhouse to obtain more info?
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I hate bunkhouse's with a vengence :evil: last time I sleept in one one of the guys watch bleep once on the half hour and twice on the hour and then the alarm went off at 5.30 to which he looked at his watch rolled over and went back to sleep, that's when a collective murmer went up. It was at this point I threaten to smash the watch (as we were in the high country of New Zealand and had lots of hard walking to do and needed our sleep) I was a little terse that morning. One of his companions came up to me and in the way of a warning said that the group were Isrealy (sp ?) commando's to which I simply replied "I am a half breed Irish roman catholic/Welsh presbaterian bring it on" they never saw the irony in the comment but the guy moved to the other dorm the following night. The following morning there was a very irate and tired looking group came out of that room, he never bothered to sort his watch out .... Nice :whistle:
I would rather sleep in a ditch than a bunk house but if it suits go for it cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
James691

Post by James691 »

Sorry TT! I recall Minky mentioning something about camping is just like sleeping in a large crisp packet :cheer:

Elle - no toes stood on :) it's all about the ride, if you want to get some more info on the bunkhouse, that's great :)

Mull001 - The over view will show you the registration section and I have you noted as a TEC if required - thanks very much man!
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “ABR Ecky Thump Rally Yorkshire Moors 11th – 14th October 2012”