ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally 11th - 14th October

jed54

Re: ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally 11th - 14th October

Post by jed54 »

Going to have to give this one a miss. Just got back from a very wet trip in France. Hope the weekend stays dry for you all. Cheers Jed
James691

Post by James691 »

Updated and added.

Jed - sorry you can't make it mate - hope to see you at the next one :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

I,m new on here and would like to find out more about ABR so can I please attend this rally.

Cheers Tom
James691

Post by James691 »

Hi Tom,

Welcome to ABR, best way to get stuck in is to come to the rally and you are more than welcome to come along and have some fun.

Take your time and have a look around the forum - there is lots going on from ride outs and rallies like this - to other meets and occasions that are going on in the 'meets' section.

ABR is all about the rider the ride, so everything is geared around those things. Do as much as you like or as little as you feel.

A few words from the Boss -

Welcome to Adventure Bike Rider.

My name is Alun Davies, I live in Stratford upon Avon and this website is up and running because I've far too much free time on my hands. And then there's my life long passion for riding motorcycles and travel and the fact that we've launched a new magazine called...Adventure Bike Rider.

So, other than the warblings of a middle aged man with three bikes (2 Tigers and a Sprint) and a garage full of stuff, what's the big idea? Well, it's like this; I reckon we buy adventure and touring bikes with misty eyed dreams of doing a Ewan and Charlie, or a Ted, or maybe because we're fed up belly flopping over the tank of a sports bike and want a little more comfort. All good enough reasons.

However, in the real world, we probably just get out in the evenings, weekends and travel on one, maybe two, overseas trip per year. Life gets in the way. But then, if you're anything like me, that dream of touring Europe, riding the world, kicking back in a sand blasted Timbuktu and wallowing in the mud on the Siberian 'Road of Bones' gets a little closer every time I throw a leg over my machine, even when I'm riding to Tesco for a croissant.

Adventure Bike Rider is a new magazine but we've also been publishing Adventure Travel magazine for the past 15 years. As the founding editor I've been lucky enough to travel the world and engage with its wild places (hiking, climbing, cycling and paddling) and been able to call it work. But, I've still to travel to most of those places on my motorcycle and it's the thought of doing that which keeps my passion for two wheeled propulsion high. I might end up living my dreams, maybe not, but as long as I believe I'm going to do it and enjoy my riding along the way, that'll do me.

If adventure and touring motorcycles do it for you, sign up and swing on over to the forum and say hi.

Alun Davies.

For the magazine subscription - click on the 'Shops/Subs' tab at the top of the screen.

See you at the rally - be sure to come over and say hello if I miss you.

James
Dancing in the moonlight
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

Thank's James Shall be there Friday afternoon.
fishfood

Post by fishfood »

Apologies from me - unforeseen commitments mean I won't be able to get there this weekend. Hope the weather holds up for all those attending.
James691

Post by James691 »

Cheers double F :)
Dancing in the moonlight
norris

Post by norris »

Due to family commitments I am not going to be able to camp this weekend, but I should be able to make it for the road ride out on the Saturday if that's ok? If so what time do you think you will be leaving? Cheers.
James691

Post by James691 »

Normally between 9am and 10am :)
Dancing in the moonlight
norris

Post by norris »

Ideal will hopefully see you all then.

Return to “ABR Ecky Thump Rally Yorkshire Moors 11th – 14th October 2012”