Thank You!

James691

Thank You!

Post by James691 »

This is a very much belated thank you for all the turned up to the rally event. I think all will agree that the weather was superb for the time of year and it was the first time that I had a tan line from riding in Yorkshire!

It was a pleasure to see everyone, both new and regular faces, having fun in the sun. The field was spot on as the grass helped to insulate for a good nights sleep. It was cold in the night; down to -3 I’m advised.

I can attest to this fact when at 4am I thought about going for an ‘Old Man’s Wee’ only to find that when I dropped the tent zips the outer flap stayed rigidly in place! Suffice to say that I made the choice that I could hold it and wait for the sun.

The Saturday was fantastic with rides outs and days out for all. A few on the road trip that took in the wonderful sights of Yorkshire, what with the WWII event going on and of course the BOAT (Byway Open to All Traffic) or Green Lanes as we know them better by, being played upon.

Thank you to Rick and Mike for leading the riders around the Moors and over hill and dale – the people that I spoke to on the Saturday evening all had huge smiles on their faces and mud on their boots.

Devon John – The Unofficial ABR Cockerel – Due to his early rising and his loud ‘crow’ was cooking up a storm – I hear that 50 quids worth of steak was munched down on a camping stove – great effort!

So, with people off on road rides, Lane rides and those just taking the time to do a little exploring on their own it was a huge success and made so by the people that came. If no one came then it would be just me sitting in a field – not that I have not done that before but it is hardly a rally on your own.

A massive thank you to Bonnie Bird and Homer – Having packed my tent and rushed down to the site I found that the top of my tent was missing and huge vents presented to the rains that had been forecast. Thank you to you both for letting me borrow a ground sheet to put over my tent and bungee the thing down.

Unfortunately – due to there now being no air in the tent, the condensation from the first night had pooled on the floor of my tent and I arrived back from the ride out to find that my tent was now a hot – or rather cold – tub!

Cold I can deal with – but cold and wet was a tad too far and I had to cut my trip short. In the evening of Saturday I made my way back. Tent, firmly kicked in the bin and a letter on the way to Halfords – yes, I know! My own fault for trying a tent from Halfords, I’d of been better with an Argos play tent!

Thank you all once again and I hope you can make it to the Peak District Rally.

See ya’ll out there.

James.
Dancing in the moonlight
beddowsm

Re: Thank You!

Post by beddowsm »

I did wonder why you were not around Saturday night. Anyway, get a decent tent. I believe Felco may be trying to unload his :laugh:
dicky

Post by dicky »

Hey thank you for organising it! It was bloody cold but we had a great time,will see you on the another rally....
jayson

Post by jayson »

Myself and my lad Jamie really enjoyed it. Even if we did get kicked out of the pub at 9pm as my lad was underage and not a resident.

And we were in the family room!

Our fellow ABRs refused to let him go, but the landlady was adamant. !!!

So thankyou guys for that!!!

Return to “ABR Ecky Thump Rally Yorkshire Moors 11th – 14th October 2012”