Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Severe bruising how long to heal?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Severe bruising how long to heal?

Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558374

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
Nothing exciting I'm afraid, I haven't crashed a bike for years, but a bike forum probably a good place to ask as riders are one group of people likely to have suffered bruising like this, and bike accidents are the only time I've done anything like this before.

On new years day I slipped getting out of a wet room style shower, went arse over tit, and as the arse came up and the tit went down I whacked my foot on the underside of the toilet bowl, then landed ribs down on the sliding rail for the shower door.

The flesh over my ribs is healing well, but the foot has not improved at all and in the evenings particularly is swelling badly. Daytime I can walk on it, evenings no chance cant even put my foot down. I have been to hospital and nothing broken though the doctor said I was very lucky not to break a metatarsal with how heavy the impact was.

How long does bruising like this normally take?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558385

• herman
  • 1200cc
The good lady put her foot down about you being late for lunch then. takes ages mate I dumped a footpeg on mine and it took a couple of months to heal!
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558388

• simonw
  • 1200cc
herman wrote:
The good lady put her foot down about you being late for lunch then. ..

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558391

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
herman wrote:
The good lady put her foot down about you being late for lunch then.

No, she claimed I couldn't love her because the person I was talking to in the pub was clearly more important than her.

When I showed her the responses to the other thread, the majority of whom said it was rude to answer the phone, she said she didn't care and you all "weren't thinking with your hearts".

Funny thing is if she was asked in a different situation if she thought it was rude she'd agree with the majority on here, but because I rejected HER call it's a different story.

I don't care, if I worried every time she got in a mood about something I'd never stop worrying.

I'll continue to reject her calls if I'm mid conversation and she'll either have to deal with it or divorce me.

Divorce = RTW bike trip! Hmmmmmm....

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558392

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
herman wrote:
takes ages mate I dumped a footpeg on mine and it took a couple of months to heal!

Seriously? Broken bones only take six weeks.

I can't get my foot in a motorcycle boot, if it takes months I'm going to go stir crazy!

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558401

i flipped meself over the handlebars last april ..6 to 8 weeks befor i could ride off road owt like proper ...still feeling it now aches like feck after riding ....grrr

at least i didnt need to put a boot over it though

http://
ec13ac0bf748d0ddd2cfa0afd4f1cefd by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
The following user(s) said Thank You: -Ralph-

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558411

I broke my foot 7 weeks ago and the bones feel fine but the soft tissue is still repairing. I would say a min of 5-6 weeks for the repair and then take it gently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: -Ralph-

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558426

Try taking arnica to reduce the bruising

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558430

• crofty
  • 1200cc
I think a lot depends on your age, I am in my sixties and bruising like this can take months to fully heal. I think its called Hematoma, dr google says the blood should be reabsorbed back into your blood stream in 3/4 weeks, so it got a couple of weeks to go yet. As time goes on though if I still couldn,t continue to put weight on my foot I would be back at the doctor asking for an x ray or advice.

Re: Severe bruising how long to heal? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #558433

The bruise is the least of your worries.

Has there been any ligament/tendon damage ?

What is the range of movement of the ankle like ?

How long are you walking on it during the day ?

Don't rule out a break just because it didn't show up on your first Xray

Cheers Spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Redmurty.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds