Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Phone Poll
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mobile Phone Poll

Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558265

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
Hey chaps, just need you to help me see where public opinion lies on a dispute.

If you are mid conversation with somebody in a pub, and your phone rings, is it rude to answer it?

You have no reason to believe it's an important call.

Yes or No?

Please reply with your vote as I don't know how to set up a poll, thanks.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by -Ralph-.

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558270

Yes

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558271

• zimtim
  • 1200cc
I check to see who it is first, then decide whether the caller is likely to be more of priority over the company I'm in.

If it is important they will leave a message or they will call back.

Only have mobile as it is a need due to family medical needs

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558276

• herman
  • 1200cc
Yes and we wouldn't be sharing another pint.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558284

I would just ignore it.If it's important they will leave a message.

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558290

It depends how important the pub conversation is.

If you are in the pub with your mates and just having a yarn wouldn't it be rude to the person on the other end of the phone not to answer it?

Surely if you are friendly enough with the person to be drinking with them you're friendly enough to excuse yourself to take a call.

It would be a different question if you're in the pub chatting and the phone is constantly being used to check bakebook or watch crappy videos whilst you're having a conversation.
Boo :-p

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558294

Yes its rude if its not someone you know doesnt normally ring and it must be important. I hate it when people use phones when you are speaking to them and they say "carry on I am listening". I normally just stop talking and say I will wait until you are finished.

I think mobiles are both a curse and a gift as whats happened to conversation when everyone sites there on the bloody phones!

Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558311

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
Thanks chaps for the replies. The scenario is you are deep in conversation with somebody in the pub about their child being bullied at school, and your wife calls to say dinner is ready, you can see on the screen it's your wife and you know with a good level of certainty that's why she's calling.

TomboyNI and Zimtim would that change your view at all? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558318

Spike941 wrote:
Yes

The question asked for a yes or no one word answer, no mention of elaboration. (edit - until now that is) In my defence, I have no social media things and only subscribe to this forum. I probably only receive a handful of calls a month on my mobile, and make even less in calls. Any mate I'm drinking with wouldn't be in the slightest offended if I took a call and informed the caller that I was busy, but would call them back when more convenient. The caller wouldn't be offended either as I hadn't ignored their call, unless it was PPI or accident in last 3 years. In fact come to think of it, I can't get a signal in my local, so such a dilemma is unlikely to occur.
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Spike941. Reason: Additional text

Re: Mobile Phone Poll 3 months, 2 weeks ago #558321

-Ralph- wrote:
Thanks chaps for the replies. The scenario is you are deep in conversation with somebody in the pub about their child being bullied at school, and your wife calls to say dinner is ready, you can see on the screen it's your wife and you know with a good level of certainty that's why she's calling.

TomboyNI and Zimtim would that change your view at all? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What if your wife was calling to say there had been an accident And you need to meet her at the hospital straight away?
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.
Jamaica?
No, she wanted to.

Time to create page: 0.47 seconds