Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

few days away this week, where would you go ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: few days away this week, where would you go ?

few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #555946

• spasm
  • 1200cc
  • i only need the rear wheel
ok, im just sat here thinking i could load the weekend bag and disappear for a few days on the super tenere, but i cant decide a good destination, wales maybe ? no camping just winging b&b's. wot would you guys do and where. im in poole dorset. i know i left it late but i cant sit around for 3 days doing nothing lol
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Last Edit: 5 months ago by spasm.

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #555955

Choose one or two of these branches in an area you like the sound of and head off. Drop in and maybe walk a few dogs (they are usually kenneled 23+ hours a day). Do you good, do them good and a focus for the travel.
www.retiredgreyhounds.co.uk/regional-branches
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ginge

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #555958

• SteveW
  • 1200cc
I'd have a look at the weather forcast and head for a region that looks the least wet.
Edit......
I've just checked the weather forecasts......
Poole, Dorset look's your best bet.
Last Edit: 5 months ago by SteveW.

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #555981

Jump on and ride, can check weather but it does what it does but had some nice days the last few, so wanted to get out on the bike but looks like the output seal from the gearbox to the shaft drive on My BMW R1100R is leaking so bike not moving at minute... Envy you so so much.

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556008

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
  • Motorcycling Guide and Support Services
Go up to Hay-on-Wye. Some great digs, buy an amazing book or two, sit in a cosy corner of a pub by the fire and read ...

Regs

Simon

PS when you've finished your books send them to me!

PPS when there's a gap in the clouds there are some amazing short rides around there - over to the likes of Paulinbont for details ...

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*High Intensity Sojourns in Spain
Last Edit: 5 months ago by The Spanish Biker.

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556159

A bit late but..........Northumberland, great roads, great Food, great accommodation,Great people.

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556165

• ullukk
  • 450cc
Getting the 660 ten out this weekend, off to the Yorkshire Dales for couple of days, staying over in Reeth, got a b&b booked, definitely no camping on this one!!

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556172

• Bryn
  • Administrator
BIG BILL wrote:
A bit late but..........Northumberland, great roads, great Food, great accommodation,Great people.

BB

Seconding Big Bill here, we did a weekend route around Northumberland and it was an incredible ride. You can get the full route here: adventurebikerider.com/forum/58-england/...gland-weekender.html

Not too sure what the weather's like up there at the moment though!
Check out Adventure Bike Rider's sister magazine Adventure Travel Magazine

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556173

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Go up to Hay-on-Wye. Some great digs, buy an amazing book or two, sit in a cosy corner of a pub by the fire and read ...

Regs

Simon

PPS when there's a gap in the clouds there are some amazing short rides around there - over to the likes of Paulinbont for details ...

If the weather is bad curl up with a good book by the fire, if the sun comes out then head up over the Gospel Pass, drop down into Usk Valley, over the Brecon Beacons and return via the Wye Valley to Hay on err Wye

A nice half- day spin out
Last Edit: 5 months ago by PaulinBont.

Re: few days away this week, where would you go ? 5 months ago #556220

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
  • Motorcycling Guide and Support Services
PaulinBont wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Regs

Simon

If the weather is bad curl up with a good book by the fire, if the sun comes out then head up over the Gospel Pass, drop down into Usk Valley, over the Brecon Beacons and return via the Wye Valley to Hay on err Wye

A nice half- day spin out

Wye not? Ooh

Simon

PS Happy New year Paul - missing your Alp yet?

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*High Intensity Sojourns in Spain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds