Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please

Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556766

Not sure if anyone can help. I listen to a lot of Audio books whilst riding and I also suffer from hearing damage due to years of riding without ear protection. Due to this I had a set of moulded ear plugs made with my iphone headphones built in, this allows me to listen easily and to speak on calls. The problem I have is that the only way I can answer calls is to press the button on the microphone, this isn't easy with the microphone in the helmet and thick gloves on. As iphones no longer have an auto answer function I don't know what else to do. I bought one of those blue tooth buttons but all that does is pause tracks and change volume. I don't want to go down the route of a traditional blue tooth headset as I need the protection of the moulded plugs, anyone got any ideas, all help will be much appreciated!.

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556767

• Rederic
  • 1200cc
What you want is a bluetooth headset connected to your satnav and your phone paired to your satnav
You keep your moulded in ear protectors in ear, and the bluetooth headset has fitted speakers in your helmet some of the newer scaler rider sets allow you to plug your own ear phones in
You can also buy a bluetooth helmet set and disconnect the speakers and graft your in ear protection buds to them

200w-3_2017-01-01.gif

If your not the lead dog the view never change's

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556768

Hi, not sure if this helps but I have similar hearing issues so I route my phone via my garmin sat nav... which also plays mp3 files... music or books. I seem to recall one model of garmin had a jack plug socket on the sat nav cradle to enable a pillion to hear music etc... you may be able to plug your headphones in to that....
Plenty of satnav research on the Web might bring a result.
I use an older garmin zumo 550 so the newest of this series may have the bits
Cheers
Bryan

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556771

• Heff
  • 1200cc
  • BMW GSA Rider
I have a SENA 20s Bluetooth headset

There is a 3.5mm jack plug to allow you to connect your own headset or earphones and do away with the units own helmet speakers.

This will allow to to listen to your music and answer your phone simply by tapping the side of the Sena

Not cheap though expect to pay around £170
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556777

• boatman
  • 1200cc
Rederic wrote:
What you want is a bluetooth headset connected to your satnav and your phone paired to your satnav
You keep your moulded in ear protectors in ear, and the bluetooth headset has fitted speakers in your helmet some of the newer scaler rider sets allow you to plug your own ear phones in
You can also buy a bluetooth helmet set and disconnect the speakers and graft your in ear protection buds to them

200w-3_2017-01-01.gif

Sorry ye will have tae do summat wi that gif or no one will actually read what you post
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rederic

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556790

I have the scala Q3 Bluetooth headset which has a jack on it and I use moulded earplugs plugged into this instead of speakers. The added bonus is that due to not using speakers the headset battery lasts a lot longer. Pair headset with phone and the buttons on it can be used to pause, skip tracks, adjust volumne and answer calls if needed. Perfect set up for me.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Bandit & Vanvan

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556847

• desmo666
  • 800cc
  • Lost Presumed Fed
I have a garmin 595 and will do all the things you guys are saying, as cadoganpier I also suffer from poor hearing and use moulded plugs which are hard wired to the zumo with a jack plug near the seat. Was looking at a nexx helmet with bluetooth built in because I want to get away from the faf of fitting the plugs and making sure the wire does not get caught in the coat zip etc, can you hear music and audiobooks and garmin directions clearly if you use the standard set up but wear ear plugs?
dubber where is the scala jack plug ?

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556853

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
I also have hearing damage and wear ear plugs, but I have a Sena 10U and hear it through the ear plugs no problem.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556867

• Peirre
  • 1200cc
My mouldered earplugs are connected via an interide headset in the helmet www.intaride.com/parts-1.html , which is connected to my zumo via a starcom set

Re: Blue tooth Headphone question-Help please 6 months, 2 weeks ago #556876

Can you not just set an iPhone to "auto-answer"?
Not all those wandering are lost
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds