TOPIC: The Suzuki DR thread.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 4 weeks ago #556464

PHILinFRANCE wrote:
i only use E09 and CO2

Co2 good tyre plenty of lube goes on no problem

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556703

• BobH
  • 800cc
Time to prep the DR for next years adventures and make some changes I have been pondering over in 2016. Plan in no particular order is to:

Fit PDM60 and run aux power, satnav, battery indicator and aux lights from it.
New YSS Shock to be fitted when it arrives
Sort front springs, maybe keep upgraded Progressive springs but await response from FFRC on way ahead.
Fit Nomad pannier plates when they arrive.
Fit HDB top clamp plate and add power sockets, battery indicator, switch for aux lights, satnav and holder for Trail Tech.
Fit 1520 Top Pelican box.

Give it a good service and off for a test ride and find some wild camping sites in Scotland.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coyotedave

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556708

Looking good.
Please keep the thread going as you ad various parts. Would like to see the way to run sat nav and auxiliary power.

Cheers Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobH

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556709

• BobH
  • 800cc
Will do but this is likely to be a slow burn as parts eventually arriving from Europe, Aus and US. Speaking to them at present to ensure fit first time.

Cheers

Bob

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556814

BobH wrote:
Time to prep the DR for next years adventures and make some changes I have been pondering over in 2016. Plan in no particular order is to:

Fit PDM60 and run aux power, satnav, battery indicator and aux lights from it.
New YSS Shock to be fitted when it arrives
Sort front springs, maybe keep upgraded Progressive springs but await response from FFRC on way ahead.
Fit Nomad pannier plates when they arrive.
Fit HDB top clamp plate and add power sockets, battery indicator, switch for aux lights, satnav and holder for Trail Tech.
Fit 1520 Top Pelican box.

Give it a good service and off for a test ride and find some wild camping sites in Scotland.

Hi Bob,

if you want some alternatives here are a couple that I've done to my bike.

For a fusepanel I used this neat jobbie from Eastern Beaver, he makes great kit just google him to see the reviews. I placed mine on top the air box as there is a convenient swiched-live unused connector there......

www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/F..._circuit.html#3CS-HD

and for the front forks I fitted Cogent DDC's 9Drop down cartridges) which I got from Procycle and straight rate Eibach springs, I am very pleased how the front end rides now.

Tramp and PhilInFrance both have a cheaper alternative for the pelican boxes on their bikes.

cheers, Bob.
one-legged adventurer
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by boboneleg.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556920

• BobH
  • 800cc
Hi Bob,

Thanks always open to suggestions. Regarding the fuse panel, I already have it and will note the one you suggest for future builds. What I wanted was to have the option for some to be live and some switched. Same with the Pelican, had it for my underwater dive camera, but no longer using it so perfect for the bike.

I have been in touch with Rick at Cogent before Christmas but the shipping and tax are on the high side. I am looking for alternatives but if nothing comes up after the rear shock fit, I will get back in touch with Rick. I had thought that the DDC setup using progressive springs would be best for the bike fully loaded on my trips to Morocco this year and a 2 month Tour through Iran to Mongolia and back via the Baltic states next year. Some great off road but some long road sections, hence the thought to the stiffer progressive front (45-62 kg/mm). I am about 100kg with full kit and take about 35kg of camping kit, food, water etc. Want to eliminate the dive I currently get under braking. Plan to see what the YSS does first then change the front. Want oil weight did you use, 5w or 10w?

Thanks for the suggestions which are always welcome.

Cheers

Bob

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556939

Hi Bob , i'm on progressive springs ( 5w oil) with these

Intiminators - Ricor Racing Inertia Fork Valves

and proper chuffed with it , yes there is still some dive but a lot less or maybe smoother , i don't know but its good , i also fitted a

Warp 9 Fork Brace

Yet to put this to a tough test but the bit ive done round home it does seem to make a differance......................or is it the "placebo effect"

When you down in Maroc ? i'll be there last week of May and a couple of weeks of June, ticking off The Tropic of Cancer
I'M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME

dordogneholidayvillas.com/properties/chez-jax/

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556951

5W for me as well, cogent recommend straight springs for use with the DDC's.
one-legged adventurer

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #556988

• BobH
  • 800cc
Thanks guys, most helpful. Phil, where did you get the Ricor valves? Re the fork brace, I already have this fitted. The previous owner fitted a whole lot of extras and thankfully did not ride it much. I am just taking it to the next level.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #557006

• Marcel
  • 50cc
Hello))
Anybody with DR800big
IMG_20161229_195712_657.jpg

here ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: boboneleg
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds