Hopefully we'll not have to remind members of the rules listed below and hope that common sense, respect and good nature will pull through on the ABR forum. However, here's the forum rules.
- No posting of vulgar or obscene material, or other inappropriate or illegal material.
- No posting of someone's personal details, i.e. name address, email address etc.
- Please refrain from using swear words in posts.
- No posting of copyrighted material.
- All content posted will become the property of adventurebikerider.com
- No derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.
- Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy.
- No business offers or advertising of any kind.
- You may only register one User ID. Multiple IDs are not allowed.
- ID's must not advertise a website or business e.g. mysite.co.uk. Or Motorcycle Holidays
- No impersonation of other users.
- No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps and excessive punctuation.
- Responses within a thread must remain "on topic" to that thread. The mods will exercise discretion and will delete posts within a thread that appear to "invade" the thread or digress from its subject.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any copyright with regards to published material and your avatar.
- To report a rule violation in a board post, click "Report this Post" to inform a moderator.
Moderating a forum is not an easy task. Although the majority of us would prefer to say exactly what we want, when we want, it is not always possible to allow this for obvious reasons.
Whilst we try to be as open as possible in the moderation of the forums, the moderators do not have the time to enter into public debate over the rights and wrongs of every moderating decision. Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted.
The moderators will, at their absolute discretion, delete the account of any member whom they feel is a disruptive influence. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Although a lot of people, me included, are extremely broad minded and will not be bothered by the use of any known swear word, some members will. Let's just show a little thought in these areas.
Deciding how to act when a post is reported can be difficult, as not all instances are clear cut. In these cases we have to exercise our judgement as to whether or not the post is appropriate and act accordingly. Hopefully, we get it right more often than not, although one thing is certain, we will never please everyone.
If a post is deemed as an 'advert' it'll be deleted. There can be a fine line between what's information and what's an advert but generally speaking its obvious where the intent lies.
No company logos to be used for promotion in profile avatars. The ABR forum is about people and the members and not about companies, products and services.
No company logos or corporate promotion in forum signatures.
4/ No company names to be used as 'user names'. As above, the forum is about people not companies, products and services.