Username Password: Remember me

see the french want out of euro.....Frexit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558766

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
  • And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eye
I spend a fair bit of time in the south of France each year as my brother lives there.

Every time i go there the one thing i see and hear is that the French economy has still not recovered from the crash in 2007 and there is no sign of it ever getting better.

I talk to lots of French people when i am over there and they have all had enough of how things are now. My brother runs his own company and has to pay 50% tax on his entire turnover....thats 50%...here i pay about 20%.

The perception is that this money is needed to support the massive french welfare state.

In the UK going back over the past 50 years or so..when people came from old UK empire states they came here wth skills and got jobs and integrated into society.

In France this is not the case. There are often large areas of big towns that have become north African immigrant areas. There is almost no work and almost no integration with the wider French culture. This is a growing and serious problem across France.

Look at their Police...the Gendarme are pretty much hated in France by most people..why..well they live in their own secure compounds and do not integrate with the rest of society.

The recent state in the US that got Trump elected is pretty much the same as in France at the mo.

France needs to change but there are too many people in power with too much to loose to let that change happen. People over there have had enough of French politicians and the endless amount of ministers that get created for no reason.

So yes i can totally see why teh French want out of the EU. To stay in means nothign will change..ever...to leave means change is on the way..but is that change for good or for worse?

It's just such a shame.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558770

• Peirre
  • 1200cc
Even before its inception there was always appeared to be an economic imbalance between the Northern European countries and the southern ones. I'm surprised that the Northern countries have economically supported them for so long.

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558775

Mike101 wrote:
I spend a fair bit of time in the south of France each year as my brother lives there.

Every time i go there the one thing i see and hear is that the French economy has still not recovered from the crash in 2007 and there is no sign of it ever getting better.

I talk to lots of French people when i am over there and they have all had enough of how things are now. My brother runs his own company and has to pay 50% tax on his entire turnover....thats 50%...here i pay about 20%.

The perception is that this money is needed to support the massive french welfare state.

In the UK going back over the past 50 years or so..when people came from old UK empire states they came here wth skills and got jobs and integrated into society.

In France this is not the case. There are often large areas of big towns that have become north African immigrant areas. There is almost no work and almost no integration with the wider French culture. This is a growing and serious problem across France.

Look at their Police...the Gendarme are pretty much hated in France by most people..why..well they live in their own secure compounds and do not integrate with the rest of society.

The recent state in the US that got Trump elected is pretty much the same as in France at the mo.

France needs to change but there are too many people in power with too much to loose to let that change happen. People over there have had enough of French politicians and the endless amount of ministers that get created for no reason.

So yes i can totally see why teh French want out of the EU. To stay in means nothign will change..ever...to leave means change is on the way..but is that change for good or for worse?

It's just such a shame.

Mike

I agree it is a shame, but then, as you say, if it changed would it change for the better?

In recent times the French have hated every Prime Minister and probably every politician..... And as you say the police aren't liked, but then again most French people I know think the law applies to everyone except them! As long as no one gets hurt, no one is too put out, then fine.....

I live in the south west, a very rural, agricultural part of the country and for the most part everyone here is pretty happy. They moan about the System, they don't have much, but they just shrug and get on wth it, I think they realise life could be a lot worse. They're pretty unconcerned with consumerism and are much nicer people for it! We don't see the immigration problems as there is very little work even for the French.....

You're right about taxation, if you're self employed you pay over 50% tax and to employ someone costs a small fortune. That's why the government funded course advises you to not declare all your earnings!

I think the French realise that 'sh*t happens', but we can find a way round it, rather than sitting around moaning about it. It's amazing how many brits come out here and moan about how crap it all is rather than accepting it and getting on with their lives. Exactly why did you come here?

I think they know that whatever they do the status quo won't really change, so why rock the boat. They know about and laugh at the mess in the UK and just say, why would we want to do that!

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558779

Mike101 wrote:

In the UK going back over the past 50 years or so..when people came from old UK empire states they came here with skills and got jobs and integrated into society.

Mike

That's much better put than what I said earlier, and it's certainly my experience when I've visited larger French cities in recent years.
Yamaha FZS1000 Fazer...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558780

It seems to gain votes she has gone from Frexit to "renegotiate with the EU" sounds like a ewe turning to me

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558783

Andi_Archer wrote:
It seems to gain votes she has gone from Frexit to "renegotiate with the EU" sounds like a ewe turning to me

A bit like Labour leader Corbyn. He's now saying the UK can be better after Brexit! Just to appease the Brexit supporters in his party?

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558842

Le Pen needs about 20 million Euro's to win the vote she cannot get that from ANY French bank and she is talking about going to the dreaded Putin for a quick loan

Fillon will win but by how much is another matter, he is very pro the UK and Madame Thatcher

I believe the EU will split, there will be a Germanic block which will include the likes of Belgium. All the PIGS will split off and reclaim their old currency and survive, The Nordic countries will merge as another block.

The Germanic group will float something like the Mark which will initially go well but will climb high in value causing the cost of their exports to ride I would say by at least 20 to 25% thus causing a recession.

Cheers Spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shidosan

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558860

• MR X
  • 1200cc
lebowski wrote:
Mike101 wrote:

It's just such a shame.

Mike

I agree it is a shame, but then, as you say, if it changed would it change for the better?

In recent times the French have hated every Prime Minister and probably every politician..... And as you say the police aren't liked, but then again most French people I know think the law applies to everyone except them! As long as no one gets hurt, no one is too put out, then fine.....

I live in the south west, a very rural, agricultural part of the country and for the most part everyone here is pretty happy. They moan about the System, they don't have much, but they just shrug and get on wth it, I think they realise life could be a lot worse. They're pretty unconcerned with consumerism and are much nicer people for it! We don't see the immigration problems as there is very little work even for the French.....

You're right about taxation, if you're self employed you pay over 50% tax and to employ someone costs a small fortune. That's why the government funded course advises you to not declare all your earnings!

I think the French realise that 'sh*t happens', but we can find a way round it, rather than sitting around moaning about it. It's amazing how many brits come out here and moan about how crap it all is rather than accepting it and getting on with their lives. Exactly why did you come here?

I think they know that whatever they do the status quo won't really change, so why rock the boat. They know about and laugh at the mess in the UK and just say, why would we want to do that!

I have lived hear in south west France for some 13 years and have never paid 50% tax
or know any one that pays that much.

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558867

• Jak*
  • 1200cc
I am not sure where this perception has come from that somehow prior to the EU the immigrants that came here had skills and therefore got jobs. What we needed and advertised for in the old empire was able bodied people. We were short of low skilled workers, many of those who came worked for London Transport or got low skilled jobs in factories. Rather like the situation nowadays. the big difference being that we were having an economic boom in the late 50s and people therefore had nothing to blame the immigrants for.
The one area that is noticeably different is we used to be able to develop our own footballers.
I expect Le Pen will do exactly the same as Farage and blame the EU and immigrants for all of problems in French society when the route causes are much closer to home and in many cases will be made worse by leaving the EU. The ramifications for Europe including the UK of the EU breaking up are very scary at this moment in time.
It is a pity that mankind fails to learn even form our recent past.
Cheers Jak
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spike941

Re: see the french want out of euro.....Frexit 1 month, 1 week ago #558869

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
Ohh sensible debate this time lol....and yep the french are masters are fiddling and subsidies , also very two faced when it suits them mainly the city folks with certain numbers on their plates...the whole french economy has been merdie for years ...

Id still rather be in france than uk...but they cant bake bread or do proper sausages and well at christmas we invited a couple in for a pastie with gravy...the look was priceless...they where from Toulouse and gave us some sausages which the dog loved....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redmurty
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds