skiing trip
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: skiing trip

skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558487

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
  • And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eye
Anybody on here up for a weeks Skiing? It's not as hard as you might think?

If you are an expert of 1st timer is does not matter as all levels can be booked for.

Maybe at the start of March or something like that?

What say you all?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558491

• viince
  • 1200cc
hi mike would love to but we're already booked

we book direct self cater and drive saves a packet on high street prices
and if you time it right extra day skiing on the sat arrival and sat depart days

cheers vince
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558493

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
I'm already booked for half term to Soll in Austria. They have just had a huge dump of snow which is better than last year.

I like to have two weeks a year so looking to see if anybody from here wants to do something in march..it's a lot cheaper then.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558498

Interesting although not easy to organise for me. Where?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
Suzuki DR650 DrBink. DR350 - El'Binko. DR125 - Ol'Bink the Skeleton.

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558499

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
Don't know yet...anywhere that is cheap and has snow. If we get enough people who are interested we can then go see what's about.

Mike

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558520

My brother used to be a chef in Switzerland, worked at Davos and a load of places in south east Switzerland.

I could fly EasyJet Luton to Zurich and cheap train from the airport to Davos.

Never did the skiing though. First time I went over there were some guys paragliding off the snow. Nostalgia set in as I used to enjoy a lot of hang gliding. Ended up I never set foot in the skis but the paragliding in the Alps is awesome. Glacier Express and more sorted locally were bargain basement prices compared to the established operators.

Fabulous place even if you don't actually take up the skiing.

For a group the driving option is definitely the way to go.

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558549

• daryl
  • 450cc
I'd be up for it depending on dates / costs.

I've skied before, but only indoors at Milton Keynes (yes I know, not the same).

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558552

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
It could be in the 1st two weeks of march.

Costs can be kept down be people sharing rooms or not..i snore like a nasty thing!!! It will be on a B&B basis only

Rough costs that include everything apart from lunch, dinner and beer money could be about £650 per person.

This includes ski hire, boots, poles, passes and instruction for those who need it.

This is looking at Andorra.

Mike

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558557

You considered Bulgaria Mike? Will work out cheaper than Andorra.

I did Borovets a couple of seasons ago, going back in Feb for a week (£265 accommodation + flights + Transfer + Half Board, £120 lift pass and £80 ski hire). Loads of snow at the minute out there.

Obviously, when compared to the Alps its not as good for ski miles...but the price reflects this. Plus booze is dirt cheap...you can actually afford to stop and drink on the slopes without feeling like you've been raped as in the Alps.

Re: skiing trip 2 weeks, 1 day ago #558559

• Mike101
  • 1200cc
I did a week in Borovets last Jan. Yes it's cheaper but depends upon the snow. they have loads at the mo and it looks great but last year it was awful.

But it is an option i will put to people if anybody wants to come along?

Mike
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds