Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike???

is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557188

• robson
  • 1200cc
if so it should be able to carry a luggage, especially honda oem ones.
How that could happened then: (at ~2:20)

I guess word sturdy for bikes has new meaning these days...
Honda response of course was user error.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557189

• Dazzer
  • 1200cc
Hang your Head in shame Mr Honda. And thats coming from a Big Honda fan, well pre 2012 Hondas

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557195

• SteveW
  • 1200cc
12 months ago I was tempted to swop my GS800 for a new Africa Twin.
I'm sure it's a pleasant touring motorcycle with rough road capability, but they do look sort of flimsy.
The rider in the video was probably giving the bike some real stick, the fact that he dropped it a couple of times suggests the terrain was fairly extreme.
Whilst the damage is disappointing, people should understand that these types of bikes aren't Enduro machines.
He mentioned that he didn't think the Africa Twin was as good as a 1190 KTM, but he didn't elaborate beyond that simple statement, I don't think he needed to.
The 1190 is superior to the AT just about everywhere, with the possible exception of MPG and the fact that the KTM is more expensive.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by SteveW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIG BILL, daytona-supersport, Mike54

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557196

Interesting video. Can't say I'm surprised really, the plastics and build of the machine always has looked pretty fragile to me. One of my criteria when looking at a bike that is supposedly off road capable, is simply how well will it stand up to being chucked down the road. I have looked at the Honda in the dealers and there was nothing about the bike that would entice me to buy one.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557198

• Mike54
  • 1200cc
I'm with Honda. There is no possible way you can use a large, loaded top box hung right off the back of the bike when riding offroad. Sorry but the guy is a moron. Wtf did he expect, it's absolutely basic.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557200

• WIBO
  • 1200cc
Yip...it even looks like it would snap off after sustained speed hump usage after a few weeks.

Will It Buff Out?

www.edcontour.com

The Suit:What would you consider to be your greatest weakness?
Me: Honesty.
The Suit: Honesty? I don't think honesty could be construed as a weakness.
Me: I don't give a f**k what you think.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557208

I agree with not having a top box off road but what ever happened to STEEL ????

Plastic smashtic
I'M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME

dordogneholidayvillas.com/properties/chez-jax/

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557209

• Trev
  • 1200cc
Mike54 wrote:
I'm with Honda. There is no possible way you can use a large, loaded top box hung right off the back of the bike when riding offroad. Sorry but the guy is a moron. Wtf did he expect, it's absolutely basic.

100% agree, I've never ridden off road with a top box (actually only ever ridden my Mum's step thru with a top box ) but really would expect problems with a set up like this off road. Would be interesting to know whether Honda advise that luggage is suitable for off road use, I would be surprised if they do.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557211

Mike54 wrote:

I'm not an off-road rider so I'm just curious how RTW travellers manage then? I suppose it all depends on whether Honda actually specify it's not for off-road use.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by sprintster.

Re: is new Africa Twin Adventure Travel bike??? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #557214

Mike54 wrote:

Well said Mike
I thought the same, off tarmac with a fecking great box like that, wtf was he thinking would happen?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds