Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wanted - long fir trees with spacer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer

Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558563

Nothing to do with biking, but no harm asking. Im having no luck sourcing, hours spent on google and ebay. Several emails sent but no positive replies.

Im after Fir trees like this.....

Doing a camper conversion and these hold my roof panels up. Now removed, and all existing fir trees have snapped. If I cant source any then Ill have to come up with an alternative...but for ease if would be better to put back as was.

TransitFirTree.JPG

Heads 30mm, its about 50mm long, 30mm of spacer, and 20mm fir tree bit.
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by beddowsm.

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558565

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
Mike...have you glued the insulation to the roof or will the clips need to carry extda weight

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/280725978590?_mwBanner=1
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by Tramp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beddowsm

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558567

Fantastic, thanks Russ. Mental note for future. If something isn't easily found then don't waste hours, just pop a post up. Probably would have helped if I had known what the damn things were called. Been searching Fir Trees all day, not Headlining clips.

Not cheap are they!!!!! Going to cost a small fortune replacing. Now I know the proper name I search a bit more.......

Insulation is glued to the roof, so no additional weight to be concerned about.

Big Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by beddowsm.

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558572

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
Your welcome , i live about 20mins from old tdansit factory shame its moved to Turkey or i could have gone begging as used to deliver there lots in lorry..

Check the recieving end ..female bit ....isnt worn , which normally happens on gromets holding motorvehicle stuff together....sometime the guenuine is best or some wood supports and liquid metal glue...works for me Nd wont ever come undone
The following user(s) said Thank You: beddowsm

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558576

Found cheaper ones at £4.98 for 5 (rather than £12.99). But they state Transits up to 2006 and mines 2009, but the measurements are the same. Regardless ordered 1 pack to test. Overseas supplier so 2 week deliver time min! Ah well, in no rush. Have other jobs to do before the roof panels go back up!

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558577

Tramp wrote:

Check the recieving end ..female bit ....isnt worn , which normally happens on gromets holding motorvehicle stuff together....sometime the guenuine is best or some wood supports and liquid metal glue...works for me Nd wont ever come undone

Female bit is a 7mm hole in metal roof support struts so shouldn't be any issues here.

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 5 days ago #558581

You will probably find they are the same across quite a few manufacturers, all in the name of lowering costs as the car makers buy them by the million.

Re: Wanted - long fir trees with spacer 1 week, 4 days ago #558804

You might have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery but have a look through aliexpress

www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&...Text=Headlining+Clip
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds