Username Password: Remember me

Handlebar bag recommendations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Handlebar bag recommendations

Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557043

• crofty
  • 1200cc
I want to get a handlebar bag for my Tenere, I have a NC700 as well and I am addicted to the frunk (false tank space) for storing items in a hurry. Anyway I would like a Tuareg by Hein Gericke but don,t think its made anymore. I have found a Kappa and a cheapo quad one on ebay but would like some advice before I purchase.so anybody got any real world experiences or an old Tuareg they want to sell ?

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557045

• Mike101
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
  • And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eye
I used a cheap bumbag from the pound shop. Used it for my phone etc and worked very well indeed.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
The following user(s) said Thank You: ollydog

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557048

• Trev
  • 1200cc
crofty wrote:
I want to get a handlebar bag for my Tenere, I have a NC700 as well and I am addicted to the frunk (false tank space) for storing items in a hurry. Anyway I would like a Tuareg by Hein Gericke but don,t think its made anymore. I have found a Kappa and a cheapo quad one on ebay but would like some advice before I purchase.so anybody got any real world experiences or an old Tuareg they want to sell ?

I'll be interested to see what solution you end up with, I also have a NC700X and although the frunk wasn't on the list of reasons I bought it (I didn't even know what one was let alone the NC had one!) it's proven so bloody useful that it's firmly on the list of 'reasons not to sell the NC'. One of the main problems with additional bags, apart from limited capacity, is that I always feel they're an invitation for any passing scumbag to have a look inside just in case whereas the frunk isn't immediately obvious or as accessible to the uninvited.

Happy hunting!

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557051

• crofty
  • 1200cc
I had thought about bum bags Mike, in fact I have couple, might try and adapt them. Like you Trev whenever I think about changing the NC, the absence of the frunk on anything else puts me off
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by crofty.

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557058

Mrs OnHellas uses a Giant Loop handlebar bag in the sidecar. On the bar to move the screen to and fro.
She has been using it for 3 months, virtually everyday, and it still look s like new.

It was kindly gifted to her by Ian Harper of Overland Junction (and Adventure Bike TV fame) when we met him back in Arizona.

www.sidecartavels.co.uk
The following user(s) said Thank You: crofty

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557059

• DanielS
  • 1200cc
Crofty, I may have a brand new, but never used Tuareg bar bag at home. I'll have a look tonight and see if I can find it for you for the cost of postage?
The following user(s) said Thank You: crofty

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557064

thats the one i have on my tenere..perfect and cuts down some wind noise too
The following user(s) said Thank You: WIBO, crofty

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557129

• crofty
  • 1200cc
I had thought of the Giant Loop but not sure who sells them here. Frank I have heard the Tuareg stops a little wind coming up behind the screen,its the one I would prefer. Daniel, many thanks for the offer I have sent you a pm.

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557132

It sounds like you're sorted with a very generous offer.
But giant loop is sold through Rally Raid Products in the UK I think. They of the Honda CB500X Adventure upgrade fame.

Re: Handlebar bag recommendations 2 weeks, 1 day ago #557133

• DanielS
  • 1200cc
Steve, is it this one?

If so, PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds