Username Password: Remember me

The Suzuki DR thread.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Suzuki DR thread.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558671

• BobH
  • 450cc
PHILinFRANCE wrote:
BobH......got the Ricor valves from "PROCYCLE" USA , went for them as they are a 10min fit and been seriously thinking of fiting a RMZ front end !!!

The RMZ set up is probably a far better solution but i'm well pleased with the Ricor valves

Phil, you are right, hence I have stopped trying to change the spring and add valves and have a set of RMZ forks to be fitted in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed the HDB clamp still fits at the end of the project, early measurements are good. Then I can get on and finish the project.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558675

I'd be very intereseted in the RMZ fit Bob , i can get a set pretty cheap here in France , in fact the whole bike less a motor for €500 ish
I'M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME

dordogneholidayvillas.com/properties/chez-jax/

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558715

• BobH
  • 450cc
Ok will let you know how it goes. Hope to be working on it next Monday.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558809

Well a bit of lumpy start so a quick run to blow the cobwebs out, and it'd be rude not to hit a trail or two

WP_20170110_15_37_38_Pro.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redmurty, boboneleg

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558853

• Caesi
  • 50cc
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #558922

Caesi wrote:
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

350 is the better bike

A few good ones on eBay
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #559004

johnnyboxer wrote:
Caesi wrote:
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

350 is the better bike

A few good ones on eBay

In your opinion John, but not necessarily fact !

The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 1 week ago #559065

The Sarge wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
Caesi wrote:
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

350 is the better bike

A few good ones on eBay

Having had both types of DRZ - e & s, their biggest down full is the woefully spaced gearbox, the 350 has a wonderful gearbox in comparison

Also the ergo's for the 350 seem a better all round package - the DRZ also has a woeful stock seat

It is my opinion - but also shared by many as the gearbox ratios is the most oft mentioned Achilles heel of the bike in all reviews I have seen

If suzuki relaunched the DR 350 now at £3499 otr there would be a good few buyers
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 1 week ago #559071

johnnyboxer wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
Caesi wrote:
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

350 is the better bike

A few good ones on eBay

Having had both types of DRZ - e & s, their biggest down full is the woefully spaced gearbox, the 350 has a wonderful gearbox in comparison

Also the ergo's for the 350 seem a better all round package - the DRZ also has a woeful stock seat

It is my opinion - but also shared by many as the gearbox ratios is the most oft mentioned Achilles heel of the bike in all reviews I have seen

If suzuki relaunched the DR 350 now at £3499 otr there would be a good few buyers

All of this is true and I also think the 350 is a better bike, however if they relaunched the DRZ with a well spaced 6 speed gearbox it would do very, very well.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
Suzuki DR650 DrBink. DR350 - El'Binko. DR125 - Ol'Bink the Skeleton.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 1 month, 1 week ago #559129

johnnyboxer wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
Caesi wrote:
Any 350 or 400 for sale?
Been looking for one.

350 is the better bike

A few good ones on eBay

Well also having had both the DRZ has a far superior suspension and engine, to me the six the gear is the only thing tne DRZ loses out on over the DR350. In my opinion the DR is so dated compared to the DRZ, the 10 year difference is even more noticeable 'Offroad' . Something we will never agree on i am sure, but that's ok
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by The Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnyboxer
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds